tuscl

One day Jesus......

skibum609
Massachusetts
...is walking through heaven near the pearly gates when he spies Saint Peter frantically motioning him over. St Peter then asks Jesus if he could watch the pearly gates while he goes to the bathroom, promising to return quickly. Its a nice day in heaven and Jesus cannot be bothered so he says no he cannot because he has no idea what to do. St Peter then says its easy. When people come to the gate, ask them their name and if they are on the list, check them off and let them in. If they are not on the list, they are going somewhere else so send them away. Even though it is obvious St. Peter needs to go, Jesus makes one last effort to avoid the chore and says what if they don't know their name? As St. Peter hurries away he shouts back: "you're a smart guy, ask them some questions, figure it out and then check the list. I'll be right back". Jesus then settles in at the gate grumbling a bit., but the first three people to come to the gate know their name, are on the list and so he checks off their names and lets them in.
The fourth person is a very old man and when asked his name he says he is so old he cannot recall. Remembering St. Peter's advice Jesus asks the old man to tell him about his life in the hopes of figuring out his name. The old man says: "I am so old I remember very little about my life. I do recall I had a son. He was kind, gentle and wise. He loved all people and all the people loved him. In fact, he was so wonderful that I feel that I gave him to humanity as a gift." He then said "for some reason when I think of him now, I think of wood. That's all I know about my life." Overcome with emotion and realizing who the old man is Jesus leaps from his chair and exclaims: "Father". With tears in his eyes the old man responds: "Pinocchio".

1 comment

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    That’s funny! It’s worth the read - as the punchline is great.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion