tuscl

Old VS. Young Customer

Clubber
Florida
It has been my observation (particularly pertaining to myself) over the past 30+ years of visiting clubs, that the older patrons seem to have better “relationships” with dancers. I know, of course, that this is a large generalization, but it seems correct to me. Are we less threatening? Likely to have more money to spend in the club? Perhaps become a sugar daddy? Maybe converse with someone not just trying to “get in her pants”? I’m sure there could be many different reasons or combination of reasons. Or, perhaps, I could just be incorrect! Any older patrons have thoughts on this? Younger guys?

4 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    Shadowcat: I don't see what that has to do with old vs. young customers. What I said was "all about money" was the supposedly better relationships that older patrons have. If strippers didn't believe that developing relationships with older customers was where the money's at, things would be different. Not that money alone explains everything that happens between customers and dancers.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    It has been my experience in my 10+ years of visiting clubs that I haven't really noticed too many guys that old. Of course I believe I have been very very busy watching and talking to the dancers instead when they aren't on top of me. When I do watch customers, it's often the hot female customer getting topless on stage or doing a little bit of extra dancing in the seats. I guess I'm somewhere in between young and old. I'm probably more into just wanting to have fun crowd instead of doing a lot of talking.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    It's all about money. Strippers work to make money. They know that older guys have more money, are more willing to spend it, and keep coming back as regulars. They also know that older customers become regulars when they think they have a relationship. It's not that strippers are dying to experience intimacy for its own sake and less satisfied with the intimacy younger guys offer - they're less satisfied with less money. Younger guys aren't good customers, but when strippers want to have fun, that's who they run with, and sometimes they get into true relationships.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    Clubber: your observation is totally correct.

I'm a middle-aged customer (40s), and I have found that to be true. I've been told by many dancers, though they didn't infer that I was an "older patron", thankfully, but they might be thinking that.

Anyhow, your reasons are also right on. According to the dancers, the following are true about the young patrons (of course these are generalizations);
    -> they're immature and tend not to be able to carry on a conversation
    -> they don't have any money and thus don't spend money on dances - they're more apt to just party and watch the show
    -> they are just looking to get into the dancer's pants (err ...panties/g-string)
    -> they tend to be in larger groups, thus no one-on-one conversations
    -> they tend to be rowdy
    -> they tend to be "too grabby"
    -> they tend to drink too much and get obnoxious and "out of control"

As for the older patrons, I don't think the dancers are looking to them to be "sugar daddies". But in my opinion, which has been confirmed with several dancers...
    -> we spend more money
    -> we are more likely to come in alone, and thus can have more "intimate" chats with the girls
    -> we treat the girls with more respect
    -> most of us are married and thus the girls tend to feel less threatened, in that we are not looking for relationships (well... some of us are married and STILL looking for relationships [wink])
    -> we visit more often
    -> hell, we're just better all around!

As a footnote, there are a lot of dancers that I know, who have switched from nights to days in order to get away from the younger crowd and to target the older patrons. Also, there are a lot of dancers that shy away from working Fri and Sat nights, to avoid the young crowd.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion