tuscl

Charlotte 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police detectives are looking for witnesses in a deadly shooting that occurred in a north Charlotte “adult entertainment bar” known a Lust of Charlotte and Club Lust.

Investigators say they received a call at 3:37 a.m. Sunday about an assault with a deadly weapon that occurred in the 100 block of Atando Avenue.

On arrival, officers found a man suffering from an apparent gunshot wound that occurred inside the club, which is at 124 Atando Avenue. He was transported to Carolinas Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later, officials said.

The shooting victim was identified mid morning Sunday as Gregory Spearman, age 34.

Mecklenburg County records show Spearman was arrested in 2014 and again 2015 on charges including possessing marijuana, resisting arrest, discharging a firearm in the city and carrying a concealed weapon.

Lust of Charlotte, located off North Tryon Street, hosts exotic dancing. A site known as the Strip Club List says options run the gamut, including bikini dancers, topless dancers, nude dancers, lap dances and private lap dance rooms. One site referred to it as an “upscale gentleman’s club.” It also has pool tables and a juice bar.

Detectives with the Homicide Unit are currently canvassing the area to determine whether there are any witnesses to this incident.

5 comments

• Imamutt
    8 years ago
    Exactly why that's a bad time to linger around. It can sometimes get weird with pimps, dealers, tricks, and custies who think they're going home with a stripper.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    "A site known as the Strip Club List says options run the gamut, including bikini dancers, topless dancers, nude dancers, lap dances and private lap dance rooms..."

I can't believe someone would create a site that documents the offerings at adult clubs. The target audience must be a bunch of pathetic losers and trolls.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Thank goodness Juice was at home playing poker and drinking Jack Honey instead of going on a strip club trip that night.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I hope Juice is ok.
  • trickystick
    8 years ago
    Despite living within 30 minutes of it, I've never gone to that club because of the area it's in. Not in my comfort zone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion