tuscl

Jacksonville 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, March 2, 2016 6:35 AM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- One man was killed and another was seriously injured during a shooting outside a strip club in West Jacksonville early Wednesday morning, authorities said. It happened about 1:30 a.m. at the Silver Fox, located in the 3200 block of West Beaver Street. According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, two men were thrown out of the club following a fight inside. That's when witnesses reported hearing several gunshots ring out on the left side of the building, police said. A man believed to be in his 20s was pronounced dead on scene, investigators said. Another man, police said, was rushed to an area hospital with serious injuries. A stray bullet also went through a neighbor's bedroom window but the woman was not injured, neighbors said. Neighbors told First Coast News the strip club has had issues with violence in the past. In January 2015, a man was found shot dead in the parking lot. Tuesday nights attract a lot of customers to the club, according to neighbors. Investigators say they're looking into whether surveillance cameras captured the shooting. Beaver Street between Melson And Erie Avenues will be roped off with crime scene tape while police conduct the investigation. No arrests have been made. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact JSO at 904-630-0500. To remain anonymous and receive a possible cash reward, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.

11 comments

• whodey
    8 years ago
    "Tuesday nights attract a lot of customers to the club, according to neighbors." They must offer some kind of specials on Tuesday for it to be a busy night.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Ok. I used to live next to South Central in LA. I'm the kind of person that always feels safe because I'm always aware of my surroundings and always act like I belong wherever I am. Saying that, there's no way I'd be going to this club at 1:30am. When I saw West Jax my first thought was rednecks but then I saw the actual address and realized it wasn't far enough west jax to be in redneck land. They're in the hood.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Well I look this place up and I see it is bikini. This does not attract me, but on the other hand, that might not mean anything. I also see that it is BLACK. And so I am interested, very interested. SJG Reasonable Efforts and Court Improvement [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Looks like Papi did a review for the club, so that means the chances are this is a white club are.... A. 100 pecent B. 75 percent C. 25 percent D. The same odds as the Lakers winning the NBA title
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    :) If Papi reviewed it, then I'm even more interested now! SJG
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    D
  • elvis2
    8 years ago
    I do not even like to drive by that place at night, would never go in.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Ghetto ass club, I've been there!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    :) Does the fact that it is listed as only Bikini actually mean anything? SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah; I visited this club in October 2014 during my only time SCing in Jacksonville (hit 3 clubs and they were so-so). Taking a look at my review I’ll be dammed I arrived around 1:30 a.m. and also parked on the left side of the club. I’m used to visiting hood black clubs but I actually felt uncomfortable in this one.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    When I first saw the club name the Silver Fox - and the location - I thought it might have only 50+ year old dancers. I was very wrong! Papi knows hood clubs - and I appreciate a good hood clubbing night out - so I appreciate his description. I travel to JAX several times each year - so I'm thinking this might be a bit on the rough side?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion