tuscl

Fort Wayne 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Fort Wayne police are investigating an early morning shooting at a strip club that left a man in critical condition.

Investigators said the incident happened about 2 a.m. at Rabbit's Gentleman's Club, 1407 S. Calhoun. Apparently some type of dispute arose between patrons and witnesses said they heard gunshots ring out inside the establishment. When police arrived they found a man suffering from at least one gunshot wound in his groin area.

The victim initially was listed in serious condition, but was downgraded to critical after arriving at a local hospital.

Police said the victim was standing near one of the club's doors when the shooting happened. It isn't known if the shooting suspect fired rounds from inside or outside of the club. Witnesses said the suspect is a man who fled east on Brackenridge Street and then south on Clinton Street in a dark-colored vehicle.

Police are studying the club's video surveillance footage in hopes of capturing the suspect. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Wayne Police Department at 427-1222 or Crime Stoppers at 436-7867.

3 comments

• Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    Haven't been in Fort Wayne in Years, but I believe this establishment used to be known as Poor John's and didn't realize there had been a name change. I'm not even sure the name has been changed on this site- and I'll check.. Thanks Shadowcat.

Yeah, not the best part of town to be in after say 9pm or so.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ^^^

I haven't been in club in Fort Wayne club in years eirher. Late 80's. Geez, almost 30 years. Hard to believe.

I'm not sure what the situation is now, but Fort Wayne had a pretty bad Gang reputation in the 80's and 90's. Gangs from Flint and Detroit went down there to establish drug turf.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I ate at hooters there once. Some ugly bitches at the time
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion