tuscl

Akron 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
AKRON, Ohio — A Canton man died early Sunday after being shot in the parking lot of an Akron strip club where another man was killed in 2012.

Joshua Curtis, 27, was shot about 5 a.m. Sunday at the Ace of Spades parking lot in the 2500 block of Romig Road. He suffered several gunshot wounds and died about an hour later at Akron General Medical Center.

Curtis is the second person killed at the strip club since the Dec. 23, 2012 slaying of Desmond Ward, 26. No arrests were made in that case.

Police have been called to the strip club 130 times since the beginning of 2012, including for a shooting two weeks ago.

An Ashtabula man suffered a gunshot wound to the groin about 5 a.m. Oct. 12. A nearby van had its and back window shot out during that shooting.

No arrests were made.

Most of the other reports are for fights in the club or parking lot. Other calls are for people trying to bring weapons or drugs into the club.

5 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Damn I think this is Carlosspicyweiners favorite club
  • motorhead
    9 years ago

Did somebody say the Ace of Spades?

http://youtu.be/eBIa0o36pPo
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Not surprising, I posted about the groin shooting 2 weeks ago, it's a ghetto club and no Carlos is not a regular there.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ I didn't say he was a regular - it's just his favorite - he likes adventure - can't you tell? he likes everything spicy!
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    I haven't been to this club since it changed about 3-4 years ago. I didn't like it before and certainly would never go there now. The $20 private dances when I was there last were just air dances. Nothing more than the $5 bar side dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion