tuscl

Near by clubs

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I just clicked on "nearby clubs" under the club feature. I had to give them permission to use my location. After I did that I counted 29 clubs that were closer to where I live than my favorite club, Follies. But I keep driving past all of them :)

7 comments

• san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    By tracing your IP address, your location can be discerned. We members don't have the ability to do this, but the server and the software itself do, and sometimes admins do to.

This is why people sometimes resort to proxy servers or Onion Routers. But these things also have their limitations.

This is common. For example if you just to to RubMaps as a guest, it will offer to show you nearby shops.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Don't ever try to use the Internet for illegality, or the FBI might come and break into your home before dawn, and then surround you while you are still asleep in bed.

Just finished reading someone's book about just that sort of situation.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    my ip address shows up over 200 miles away in another state. accuracy is really good where I live.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Shadow just lives on cruise control lol
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Technology can be scary. I seem to live in the messed up zone. Years ago if I hung up on a call to wachovia with an automated information line, I would get a call back and the computer would be right where I left off. When I asked Wachovia, they said there computer did not call people. I guess it was just a phone company screw up with a disconnected call getting reconnected back to me. Hapoened several times.
    Today I called a relative on the phone. I could hear inside their house before the phone even rang. yep,I live in the tech twilight zone. Maybe that AI on my pc several years ago really did get online and take over.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I remember arguing with an AI program. The program said it thought I was the AI and it was human. Made me wonder who I was talking to.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    Yea i always use this feature. My wi-fi usually tracks my location. there are a few clubs closer to me than my regular one's. I usually use it to check out the latest reviews.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion