tuscl

Business news for pot smokers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
DENVER BUSINESS JOURNAL - Colorado is known for its breweries and has many fine wineries. How about the first marijuana "weedery?"

That's what entrepreneur Christian Hageseth wants to bring to the state. He says he's going to open something similar to a brewery or a winery, which will "help demystify and normalize legal marijuana by providing a unique cultural and educational experience."

Hageseth and his company, American Cannabis Partners, said the $35 million "weedery," Cannabis Ranch, will open next year and will include a marijuana cultivation facility, a 3,000-seat amphitheater, a restaurant and rooftop bar, a dispensary, a gift shop, and "sweeping views of Colorado's Rocky Mountains." The facility will be located within 30 minutes from downtown Denver, materials for Cannabis Ranch explained.

Hageseth said the Colorado weedery will be the first of five he's planning to build and he's trying to raise $100 million for the effort.

He told the New York Times this week that his next weederies will be in Nevada and Massachusetts and then California and Washington.

4 comments

• georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Another reason not to elect a republicrat. They'll,'sooner or later, get around to telling the DEA to ignore state laws and enforce federal ones.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Too big of risk too soon
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I agree that this is probably too aggressive of a move so soon after legalization. Nevertheless, if a place like this opened, I would definitely take the DS.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Hmm, I wanted to move to Connecticut for my first home but now with so many legal options I'm not sure what to do? Though the best part about weed is the evasion.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion