tuscl

Is the end in sight for the Platinum Plus clubs?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
August 2, 2015 • Made a visit to platinum on Friday evening. The first thing I noticed as many of the dancers were pissed because the club cancelled all existing contracts with the dancers.

The dancers were each offered an opportunity to become an employee at a very low pay rate and all their dance money received (manditory, $30 per song) will go directly to the club or they be could become an independent contractor and all the house fees where heavily increased. Also, if a dancer chooses the employee option, they cannot come and go as they please, they must work mandatory shifts.

This is not good news for the dancers and will in turn even worse in the experience for the customer. The mood of the dancers was certainly impacted but will hopefully get better over time.

There were some lookers at the club on this night, but there has been a recent vibe of snootiness among the dancers during my recent visits. I did get some dances from a little spinner who is heavily pierced and tattooed named pixie, but it was less than thrilling, especially with a bouncer in the couch room and the room being heavily lit up.

One dancer who i cant remember her name talked me into getting a tour of the champagne room. There were a couple customers getting their private session but there were also two bouncers continuously patrolling inside the champagne room. This is an absolute waste of money.

The dancers were mostly white, however the clientele was mostly black on this evening. I'm a little concerned about this, especially because I saw one of the customers showing off his Glock 9mm to another dude in the men's room. After seeing this with my own eyes, I'd feel much better if it club installed a metal detector or even had it all customers down before entry. This is certainly a product of many of the black clubs being closed down in the area because of shootings. Columbia needs more options for clubs. Odious.

10 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Oops. Didn't mean to imply that I made a visit. PP clubs are on my back burner indefinitely.
  • Ironcat
    9 years ago
    Good update Cat - I am sure that it will be the death of PP as we knew it. I just hope they don't go after the other clubs in the area.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Sounds like the beginning of the end. I have no plans to visit. 30 per song plus all kinds of restrictions? forget that. One good thing the club overlooked, if dancers are employees, they can call OSHA and claim the loud volume music is causing hearing damage. OSHA might shut the business down or enforce huge fines if they don't control it then. So then you could finally have a slow quiet strip club.
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    This could be the first death knell for all sc's. The dancers have their greedy sisters that filed the lawsuits to thank for this. Hey, you honey's want a guaranteed wage, well welcome to being a slave to your employer like most of the rest of us. Too good of think I guess.
  • rattdog
    9 years ago
    club as far as i'm concerned died the moment they started having a bouncer inside the lapdance room. the new dancer/employee new work structure is akin to putting a shitload of flowers on a grave.

i'm just surprised shadow still made a visit to cola pp after what's been going on the last couple of months.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    rattdog - read the second post. :)
  • yegi
    9 years ago
    Thank you for this info. I loved that club chain, but upon hearing this new info I will not be returning.
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    I know the one in Lexington is gone and is now platinum dolls. Platinum dolls is a good club but it will never be what platinum plus was.
  • martinb244
    9 years ago
    They still seem to be holding on to the PP in Allentown, but its become a nightclub. I was in this past Saturday night. People came to drink, people watch, and spend time with their friends, but the dancers were just eye candy (the good looking ones anyway). Customers were keeping interactions with dancers to a minimum. I took one dancer into the back for a dance at around 11:30pm and the lap dance area was almost vacant.

Two years ago at that time on a Saturday night, the back would be packed with people. You were guaranteed to have an audience.

And that still didn't stop the extras. Once, I got a dance from a former favorite and she peeked over into the next partition and told me that the dancer next to us was being finger fucked by the guy she was dancing for.

They scan ID at the door, dancers expect $30 - $40 per dance w/ little to no mileage, and there is at least one bouncer always checking the back. It's just a nightclub now. And people don't go to nightclubs to drop a couple hundred dollars on a girl they aren't going to have sex with. Not in Allentown.
  • martinb244
    9 years ago
    Or even a couple tens of dollars. Even the attractive girls weren't selling dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion