tuscl

Do you find it is getting easier to go DEAF in strip clubs lately?

How many of you guys remember a dancer shouting in your ear and you can barely hear her because the music is so loud? I found myself shouting back several times, WHAAAT?

For club owners, it might be a clue that the noisest seats are often empty while the quieter ones are all filled up even though they are farthest away from the stage and the dancers.

5 comments

• casualguy
    20 years ago
    I need to buy a new set of ear plugs and then I can go sit in the middle of a big group of empty seats in the middle of the club. Good idea.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Clubber,

The Wall Street Journal did a story years back on this subject and the reasoning is to keep people from just hanging around.

Most of the dancers I've met prefer the music QUIET helps create regular customers if there is good conversation. :-)

The DJ is usually the problem because he's deaf. However, pumping up the volume does pump up the heart rate so there is other logic at work--I prefer the dancer to pump-up my heart rate. Screw the noise pollution. :-)
  • Clubber
    20 years ago
    Given music is loud to VERY loud in many clubs, I wonder the logic behind this decision. There must be a reason it is done. Have tests indicated that loud noise loosens one from one's money?
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    Actually in the area I sat and several other places in the club I was in, I never heard one dancer say she liked the music that loud. In fact I heard the opposite from dancers several times. That is I heard them say that when I left the area so we could talk.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    Maybe it's a sign of getting old, but I can't stand the volume of the music in clubs. In some places, I get a headache and leave after the first drink and without getting any dances. I am told the dancers and the DJ's like loud blasting techno music. Well, they can keep it and I'll keep my money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion