tuscl

And yet another cure for ED.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Even the movie stars who didn’t win at last month’s Oscar ceremony still might have gone home with a stiff little man.

Losing Academy Award nominees were gifted with $125,000 worth of fancy bath salts, luxury trips, “tobacco” (wink, wink) vaporizers and the like — because who needs free stuff more than rich celebrities?

The most oddball item in the gift bag, however, was a coupon from an Alabama-based cosmetic surgeon for something called a Priapus Shot.

The shot, which takes its name from the Greek god of virility, is a new procedure that claims to make the penis bigger — by 10 to 20 percent — as well as stronger and with improved circulation. Some providers say it will help with sexual dysfunction.

And you don’t have to be a Hollywood movie star to indulge. It’s available right here in New York from a handful of doctors — and business, they say, is booming.

“It’s getting much more popular,” says Dr. Halina Stec, a Brooklyn physician who started administering Priapus Shots in August. “My business has doubled [this year].”

“It’s the next big thing in cosmetic surgery,” adds Dr. Eric Berger, a Midtown West physician who started giving the “P” shot three months ago.

Berger now administers about six shots a month and expects that to increase to as many as 20 by the end of the year.

Here’s how it works: The patient’s own blood is drawn and spun in a centrifuge creating platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Platelets’ main function is to stop bleeding, but they also spur growth.

This PRP is then injected into the patient’s penis in five places. (Fear not. Numbing cream is applied first.) For one to two months after, a patient is required to use a penis pump for 10 minutes a day.

The injection, which costs about $1,500, supposedly kick-starts tissue and blood-vessel growth. The treatment, often a one-time procedure, takes about 30 minutes, and results are permanent, the doctors say.

“You get your own normal-looking penis, only bigger,” says Berger.

There’s also a lady version, the “O” shot, in which PRP is injected into a woman’s clitoris.

“Women will experience increased pleasure during orgasm,” Stec says. “They might even become hypersexual. If a woman has never experienced an orgasm, this is the way to have one.”

One New York woman, who asked to remain anonymous, raves about the “O” shot. “I had a healthy sex life before I got the shot. I didn’t think it would do so much,” says the 49-year-old. “What it did though, it was a lot easier to feel like I wanted to have sex. There was a lot more feeling.”

But PRP therapy is a reasonably new field of medicine, and not a lot of hard evidence exists proving it works. Athletes have been getting PRP shots for two decades to help speed recovery from injury (Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant are both believers), but a 2010 study in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported it to be about as effective as injecting salt water when treating Achilles injuries.

For now, most of the evidence is anecdotal on the “P” and “O” shots. Practitioners swear they’re worth it.

“One of my patients came in, and he and his girlfriend were fighting [and] having sexual problems,” Berger says. “He had a penis that was very thin. I injected him, and he’s got at least an inch improvement . . . And they’re back together again.”

Here’s hoping a movie star’s marriage was similarly saved after the Oscars.

3 comments

• tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Bubble bath,retrograde ejaculation,what the fuck is your mission?
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    if shadowcat's mission is to annoy tumblingdice, he appears to be succeeding. Good job, sc.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    The best part of tumblingdice ran down his mothers leg.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion