tuscl

Todays 2AMer brought to you bt Del City, OK.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, December 6, 2014 8:13 AM
DEL CITY,Okla. – A Del City father of two was shot and killed outside a strip club and police have no leads on who did it or why. Del City police say they are shocked this man was targeted. Family and police say Brandon Zackery was a family man who loved his wife and children. “He was shot in between Fantasy Island and the 7-Eleven,” Lt. Ted Kleber, and investigator with Del City Police says. Witnesses heard shots and then came to find 34-year-old Brandon Zackery with a single gunshot wound to the chest. “He had gone to the 7-11 to get some beer and was walking back towards Fantasy Island to get some beer and go home with his friends,” Lt. Kleber said. But Zackery never made it home. He was taken to the hospital and died early Friday morning from his injuries. “We’re scratching the heads on this one, we have no idea why, who, what, where,” Lt. Kleber said. The only information police have is a white 2 or 4 door car leaving the area. Zackery’s family is desperate for answers. “Put yourself in our shoes, you would want to know, you would want to know who did this,” Mary Curtis, his sister-in-law told us. They want to know who is responsible for shooting the man they say always lit up the room. “He loved being the center of attention always,” Curtis said. “He loved the Dallas Cowboys and the Thunder. He loved his children a lot and his wife and there was nothing he wouldn’t do for her at any time.” The community is desperate to find out why someone shot this father. “We’re trying everything right now,” Lt. Kleber says. “Have a conscience, because the only person who is going to judge you is up above,” Curtis pleaded. Police say this is the second shooting in that area in the past 2 weeks, but police say the crimes are not related.

6 comments

• san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    This is disturbing, and we don't really have any idea what it was about. I hope they can get to the bottom of this and that we can learn more about this. I do feel that in some places there are just too many people walking around with guns. It just about guarantees that things like this will be happening. SJG Tina Turner [view link]
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    “He was shot in between Fantasy Island and the 7-Eleven,” Lt. Ted Kleber, and investigator with Del City Police says" A better shot would have got him right between the eyes.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    "“He had gone to the 7-11 to get some beer and was walking back towards Fantasy Island to get some beer and go home with his friends,” Lt. Kleber said." I like that he went to the 7-11 to get some beer then was walking back to the strip joint to get some beer -- and go home with his friends. Personally, it sounds like he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, that it might've been some jackasses who wanted to kill a random person as part of a gang initiation or just for some fun.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Another black SC shooting – where are the protestors
  • Tracerr
    10 years ago
    thats like 5 mins away from me and i had to hear about it on tuscl lol
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    That is sad
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion