tuscl

OT: Global Market/US Dollar Routs Overnight

stevie-girl was certainly right in his prognostications of GLOBAL MARKET DOOM. The headline he quoted from the Economist called exactly, saying Europe and China would lead the way. What we are seeing is that:

European equities markets are collapsing on the Euro continues its rally against the USD. Meanwhile the Shanghai composite was down 1.5% last night, and was probably only saved by the bell and will continue its slide on Sunday (China just announced a rate cut).

US equities futures are also getting clobbered. Down about 0.6-0.75% on the indices.

There will probably be a continued rout today in the New York today as the economic data and confirms, as always, stevie-girl's predictions.

We are DOOMED I tell you! Absolutely DOOMED! Because Stevie-girl and The Economist said so.

13 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    DOOMED!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    DOOMED!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol! How much the futures down now? ABSOLUTELY DOOMED! Hope everyone heeded stevie-girl's warnings!
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I'm going to put some paper bags out in the yard tonight. I assume that in the morning they will be full of cash that is just floating down from the sky in this incredible economic boom. The DS will be glad to hear about this.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^ The best idea I heard all day. If I use plastic bags will it rain plastic from the sky?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Or just buy some stocks and/or US dollars. Same effect.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    If we are entering into a period of wild market swings, then usually that will mean that a crash is coming. At least at its present level, the market is not solid.

SJG
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Absolutely DOOMED!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    What were the European markets up today? Like >2.5%. Going to crash the world economy. Just like Stevie-girl and The Economist said!

Absolutely DOOMED!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    A GLOBAL MARKET ROUT! Just as stevie-girl said would happen.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Three have been some gyrations in the US Stock Markets. Usually this does mean that a price adjustment is coming.

The Republicans have a little less than 2 years now to create public perception of doom and gloom, if they want to get one of their own in the White House. Also, December is usually the time when plant closures are announced, and then other Reductions in Force are done in Q2.

It is all like Michael Moore has said, they are just closing things and doing layoffs that they otherwise would have done. But it will be presented as a general economic slow down.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion