tuscl

RIP: Lauren Bacall

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:06 PM
For the old guys. "You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow."

15 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Jeez, she was only 19 or 20 in that film. One of a kind.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Damn. I think everything she was in was better just because she was in it.
  • occurious
    10 years ago
    Two greats in one day it sucks... I was thinking Lauren Bacall was pretty much the last left from the golden age of Hollywood. I can't think of anyone from the 40's and 50's left can anyone else?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Kirk Douglas is oldest "star" I can think of. He must be approaching 100. Maureen O'Hara is one of the oldest females that comes to mind. Not as famous as Bacall, but I really liked her and some of her movies.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Zsa Zsa Gabor, Eva Marie Saint, Doris Day, Ann Margret, Sophia Loren, Tippi Hedron, Mitzi Gaynor, Debbie Reynolds, Joanne Woodward (fucked by Paul Newman for 50 years), Joan Collins, Kim Novak, Shirley MacLaine (played a whore), Shirley Jones, Maureen O'Hara and my favorite -- Angie Dickinson (what a horny piece of ass! More turns taken than a doorknob and right up our alley). Basically, anybody still alive once nailed by Frank Sinatra counts! All fuckable in their prime!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    +1 for Eva Maria Saint and Tippi Hedron Most fuckable indeed!!!
  • occurious
    10 years ago
    Good point about Sinatra and Bacall was in that group too! I forgot about Maureen O'Hara she was always one of my favorites.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Harry Truman had been launched in politics by Kansas City mafia boss Tom Pendergast. People used to call Truman the Senator from Pendergast and when FDR first contacted him, Truman was very offended because he tried to go thru Pendergast. But Truman was always teasing his friends too, playing the piano for them and saying, "I've of made a hell of a piano player, in a whore house." Well this time it was in the meeting room under the capital, at a luncheon for the Senators and their wives. This time Truman got upstaged and he looked just like a deer caught in the headlights. [view link]
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Bacall was the one that first said to Sinatra, Dean Martin and others "You look like a goddamn rat pack." The name stuck.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    By the way, check out this list of alleged sex partners of Angie Dickinson: Burt Bacharach, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Johnny Carson, Richard Burton, David Janssen, Oliver Stone, Ted Kennedy and, wait for it, yup -- John F. Kennedy. And she never talked or sold her story in a bio -- what a great broad!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ you know what happened to Marilyn
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I didn't really know who Lauren Bacall was but after seeing some pics in the last couple of days - man she was a sultry hottie in her day!
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    Meanwhile, back to the subject at had - Lauren Bacall. My favorite film with her in it was "Key Largo." It didn't hurt that Humphrey Bogart, Edgar G. Robinson, Lionel Barrymore, and Claire Trevor were also in the movie.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Lopaw I will have to respectfully disagree with you. She continued to be a hottie will into middle age just like Sophia Loren. She was in some seriously great movies. (as was Robin Williams it truly is a great loss that he could not see a other way out of his dark depression) We have lost three bright stars recently. First James Garner, Then Lauren Bacall and Robin Williams. And not talent dip shits like George Clueless (Clooney), Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johanson (starting to look like a bassett hound when she does not have her make up on)
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The younger folks may not realize that Bacall was married to Humphrey Bogart. (He was 45 and she was 20). He was maybe the ugliest leading man ever - but the best actor of all time in my opinion. These days, it seems looks, not talent is what makes a star.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion