tuscl

Strip club mucic too loud?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:31 PM
MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) – The city of Mobile is looking into a club on Duval Street after a resident brought his concerns to the city council meeting. The resident says he lives two blocks from what he called a strip club, and said the club is wreaking havoc on his life and of his neighbors. Nikklos Kidd pleaded with the city council Tuesday, March 11 to do something about the noise that occurs, he says, 7-days a week until the early morning hours. Kidd said he has called Mobile Police since November 2013 trying to get some help. He said police went to the club and it was within the ordinance's sound limits. Kidd, however, said the bass rumbles every room in his home. City Attorney Ricardo Woods said he received the complaint Tuesday morning and said police are looking closer into the matter to see if the bass, measured as the “c” level, is being measured by police when they respond. Kidd said he's invited police into his own home, to see what he is experiencing every day. One council member even said it may be time to look into the sound ordinance and make changes.

6 comments

• sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I would complain too if the sound could be heard inside my house. I rarely hear the sound from strip clubs outside the building unless I'm right near a door. The club must have a sond proofing problem.
  • carl95
    10 years ago
    Hmmm... we don't list anything on/near Duval Street. Looking at googlemaps it's mostly churches and hair places. I wonder if it's this club "Boo Jay's". The sign on the side of the building says "25 and up" and "No Drugs on Premises" but there is a BBQ smoker in the parking lot(street view). On the related note of living near strip clubs, Lennar just started building houses behind my favorite dive club in a development that had been previously scrapped.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Maybe the dude lives next door to juice in a cardboard box.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    What?
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    As the evening wears on in Detroit clubs, the sound is boosted to the point that after 12 midnight conversation is impossible.
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    If the music level is so loud as to preclude conversation (especially negotiations for extras), then it is too loud. I don't know what is driving the DJ to pump up the volume but overly loud music may drive some customers away, myself included.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion