tuscl

State police seize alcohol, money from McKees Rocks{PA} strip club

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:31 AM
State police seized alcohol and money from a McKees Rocks strip club Friday, authorities said. Liquor enforcement officers served a search warrant at Club Erotica, 826 Island Ave., around 8 p.m. Friday for liquor sales without a license, according to a statement. Police seized 273 liters of liquor and wine, 473 gallons of beer and nearly $7,100, police said. Charges are pending for sales of liquor and malt or brewed beverages without a liquor license.

7 comments

• Briguy78
    11 years ago
    This kind of thing never happens in Utah. Will this likely shut the club down permanently? Girls out of a job?
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    That is a pretty popular club in the Pittsburgh area. Don't know how it will affect the club but I'm sure they won't close. In the short term it might help the rival club Silky's down the road. Club Erotica is not known for allowing a lot of touching where silky's has some of the best contact dances in the city area although the girls may not be as hot overall.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Police seize money and alcohol from strip club" Pretty funny headline. What's the sub-title? "Also find topless women dancing"
  • SketchinGuy
    11 years ago
    Motorhead posted my first reaction. Do liquor licenses have to be renewed; I'm assuming that's the case. Someone forgot to deal with that?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Did the place ever have a license?
  • canny
    11 years ago
    They didn't have a license. They gave the alcohol away for free.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    A lot of strip clubs in Pennsylvania do that. They either give away cans of beer or they sell plastic cups for $1 and keep refilling them with alcohol all night. I suppose if someone brought their own cup in they'd fill it for free all night too. That's how they get around not having liquor licenses. Some restaurants that can't get liquor licenses give away wine to customers too. It is perfectly legal for a business to give away alcohol. There might be a problem because of the $1 for the plastic cup, but I expect the charges to be dismissed by a judge eventually.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion