tuscl

Breathless Go Go bar shooting in Nj

In Rahway, NJ, there was shooting at closing time right outside the club. I can only say your establishment is that bad you have people just deciding to shoot and kill a guy just trying to have a night of seeing attractive women. I'll never go there. Would anyone go to a strip club after you've heard of someone get shot and killed for whatever reason?

33 comments

• georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Yes, I would. After all, I'm one of those nuts who legally carries a gun pretty much wherever I go, and I train with it regularly, so I have a pretty good chance of successfully defending myself from some random fuck.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Repeal the 2nd Amendment and confiscate and destroy all civilian possessed guns and guns from retailers that sell them without proper precautions, PARTICULARLY gun shows. Outlaw the National Rifle Association.

"Would anyone go to a strip club after you've heard of someone get shot and killed for whatever reason?"

A one time ONLY incident is not necessarily a reason to totally avoid a particular club. Now, if there are repeat incidents like a shooting, knifing, &/or killing, THEN avoiding the club where it occurred may well be a smart move. That's the beginning of a possible pattern of dangerous to your heath violence with deadly weapons in the hands of dangerous persons.

Gun advocates will here state this is the REASON to be carrying around BIGGER & BETTER guns on their bodies. IMHO this just will increase the violence of any particular incident. And possibly innocent & unarmed persons may be caught in the crossfire of a "OK Corral" type battle and be wounded or killed.

The main poster of these "Crime Reports" is Shadowcat. Too bad he doesn't in his determination to post all these reports, indicate if the particular club or business site is a place where repeated violence with deadly weapons is occurring. That would be useful information.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    gmd, if I wanted to be mean, I could make a nasty comment regarding your statement above & your TUSCL handle. I'll refrain & be silent. LOL
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If I feared for my life I would not go. Now if they caught and locked up the criminal and this was a one time incident, no problem.

My college was ranked the most violent in the nation when I attended but that was only due to some wild partying after a national victory the previous year. I had no intention of climbing power poles or taking over a downtown street after every single game win.

If I don't feel safe somewhere I'll stay away. Criminals move around though so they can go anywhere just like me. No place is 100% safe.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Alucard you are wrong to be putting down George and the rights our Founding Fathers of this country agreed to.

George and people like him will be the people saving lives when some crazy guy or criminal decides to shoot a place up but one guy is returning fire and the criminal has to take cover and wait to kill everyone because his own life is in danger.

I could understand attacking mentally insane gun rights but not gun rights of law abiding people who are not mentally insane or with serious problems.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Alucard, way to be passive-aggressive in your personal attacks rather than address the issue. Pretty much par for the course with people who have no evidence to support their position.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    @georgmicrodong--George, I have a concealed pistol permit, but in Michigan you cannot carry your firearm into a bar or while you're under the influence. That rules out carrying in a strip club. Is the law different where you live?
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    People with proper gun training will know when it is safe to shoot or when it is too risky. I believe to carry concealed weapons, you often get training. Many lives could have been saved in almost all these past mass shootings if a law abiding person had a gun to take out the criminal before the criminal killed all the other unarmed people.

A local sheriff near where I lived suggested all law abiding people should get a gun and shoot and kill the criminals if attacked. The police just can not be everywhere or get there in time.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Why does Alucard always sound like he is reciting a MANIFESTO? Look at his profile. Creeps like the unibomber wrote manifestos.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @jackslash, In Kentucky, one may not carry a *loaded* firearm into any establishment that serves alcohol by the drink. As far as I've been able to determine, it applies only to firearms. I haven't tried to test it, as I suspect no cop in the city cares about that distinction.

I have a couple of other weapons (since KY's law concealed "weapons", not just firearms) that I do carry into the clubs, though. Except for the one where they sweep me with a metal detector. I don't go there anymore since the first time.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @sharkhunter: "The police just can not be everywhere or get there in time."

In fact, court cases have over and over held that individual police officers, and LE organizations in general, are *not* obligated to help any given person, even when that person's life and/or property are in danger.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I am in favor of removing all guns from criminals. I believe there are already laws against that. I do believe some criminals feel like that is the only protection they have when a mob or gang tries to attack them.

I see no massive federal effort to disarm illegal street gangs of their weapons nor to warn people of the mentally insane or restrict their gun rights. Common sense is needed. It seems to be lacking. Instead we have people who think they know all about criminals and the way to solve the problem is a cookie cutter approach where they pass a law removing all guns of those who already obey the law.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Not only can the police not be everywhere, but it would cost the rest of society a fortune to hire so many officers to even attempt it. Safety could be improved if we had a lot more trained volunteers who agreed to carry, not drink, and went through training like the police and they were able to defend wherever necessary. The problem is all the gun free zones and criminals already with guns. Plus many law abiding people do not want to carry guns around with them or even have them in their house. There needs to be a deterrent to the criminal who wants to get a thrill by going out and shooting a bunch of defenseless people. You never hear about these sickos trying to do a mass shooting at a police station. It's always where guns are restricted.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I shot my load once in a strip club.

I returned
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The gun debate is over. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Second Amendment gives individual citizens the right to bear arms. All 50 states now allow concealed carry in some form. And politicians from both Democratic and Republican parties realize that pushing for gun control will lose them elections. Only a few mayors from big cities (e.g., New York and Chicago) still think that depriving citizens of the right to protect themselves is a good idea.

The next step is to train more people in the safe and effective use of firearms. I think women especially should be encouraged to learn to shoot and to carry a pistol. If women are armed, rapists and other criminals will cease to target them.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    If you guys want to see how likely it is that attempts to dismantle the 2nd amendment are going to succeed just look at the performance of RGR stock this year (which, btw, I was recommending back at the beginning of the year).
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @mikeya: I suspect alutard replays his lines over and over because it has scored him some points with some people of the years. Like they admire his concern over the victims and his advocacy about doing something about it. Maybe pacifist types who also think the US should just unilaterally disarm its entire military and then peace will break out in the world? There are alot of "ivory tower" types where I work who think that way as well.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    The gun-ban nut suggests that people like GMD, who legally carry a firearm, will "increase the violence of any particular incident. And possibly innocent & unarmed persons may be caught in the crossfire of a "OK Corral" type battle and be wounded or killed." Of course, that is his opinion and he will continue to hold tightly to that that opinion even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

And that overwhelming evidence does exist. In every state where "concealed carry" has been approved, violence and crime of all types have gone down significantly in the first year after implementation, and remained much lower than any state where concealed carry is not permitted. Firearms related injury and deaths went way down in every state, as well as robberies, rapes and muggings, but notably every category of crimes against persons or property went down in every state approving concealed carry.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, EVERY city in the top ten with the most firearms murders, BAN guns. Chicago has one of the most severe firearms bans of any city in the world and averages over 500 firearms murders a year. Clear and irrefutable evidence that will not change a gun-ban nut's opinion.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    @ Dougster: or maybe it's just that he wants the world to be La-La land, where if only everyone thought like him the world would be a better place.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    All law abiding citizens should have carry permits and carry religiously
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @crazyjoe: I prefer to carry rationally.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "All law abiding citizens should have carry permits and carry religiously"

Atheists should carry knives
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    This is NOT the "Wild West Frontier" days of the 1800's. Nor the late 1700's.
  • girlmoneys
    11 years ago
    So Alucard,
    How do you propose to confiscate ALL guns? I don't see this as practical. There are way to many already out there.
  • bigman226
    11 years ago
    Getting back to the actual issue, this is an extremely isolated event. I've gone to this place off and on for 5 years, never even seen anybody get put out. They were sponsoring some radio dj event last night. I would imagine the shooting has more to do with that than the club itself
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "unilaterally disarm its entire military"

I've never said anything about disarming the military or the police.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    bigman226, your comment gets back to part of my 1st post in this thread before the attack dogs started running amok.

As follows: "A one time ONLY incident is not necessarily a reason to totally avoid a particular club. Now, if there are repeat incidents like a shooting, knifing, &/or killing, THEN avoiding the club where it occurred may well be a smart move. That's the beginning of a possible pattern of dangerous to your heath violence with deadly weapons in the hands of dangerous persons."
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @alutard: Yo, retard! Did I say you had said that? I said those are type of people you think you might get sympathy from with your stupid beliefs. Learn to read, you fuckin' shit-for-brains!
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    LOL Dugly complaining about someone's reading comprehension. Classic.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    And there's the jestie-girl who claims to have me on ignore reading and responding to my posts - business as usual. Now that's what's truly classic! LOL!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    This is my rifle,this is my gun,this one's for fighting,this one's for fun.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Return fire
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    One man was killed in an early morning shooting at a Rahway strip club, police say.

The shooting occurred outside Breathless in the parking lot at 3 a.m.

A witness told News 12 that a man trying to break up a fight in the parking lot was shot and killed.

The identity of the victim has not yet been released.

Police say an investigation into the shooting is ongoing.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion