tuscl

MARTINSBURG WV

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, August 2, 2013 5:18 AM
MARTINSBURG - The Berkeley County Sheriff's Department is investigating an early morning shooting Thursday at a strip club that sent two people to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police said that at about 3:11 a.m. Thursday, sheriff's department patrol units responded to a report that shots had been fired inside the Legz Club, located at 84 Aero St. Units arrived at the scene and found two individuals who had been shot. "It was a very chaotic scene when they arrived," a statement released Thursday by the department read. "(Officers) requested and received assistance from the West Virginia State Police and the Martinsburg City Police to control the crowd and preserve the crime scene." Investigators were called to the scene, and it was determined that four rounds were fired inside the establishment. One male patron was struck three times and a female employee was struck once, police said. Both were transported to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. "They had life-threatening injuries, but apparently they are still alive," Berkeley County Sheriff Kenneth "Kenny" Lemaster Jr. said. "We haven't heard anything otherwise." Investigators did not release the identities of the two victims Thursday. Lt. Gary Harmison said the victims are in an intensive care unit. As of Thursday evening, no suspect had been identified and no one had been taken into custody in connection with the shooting. Unspecified evidence was recovered at the scene. Police said they are attempting to locate any witnesses who may have been inside the club to assist in identifying the person responsible for the shooting. Anyone with information about the shooting can contact Harmison at 304-267-7000. Those wishing to remain anonymous can also contact the Berkeley County Crime Solvers tip line at 304-267-4999.

1 comment

• hizzle
    11 years ago
    I used to hang out at this club when I lived in DC. I liked the next door Taboo option better. I'm really surprised there was a problem as the crowds are usually sparse and/or mellow. Hope the DJ vantage guy is ok he was a good dude.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion