tuscl

Attn AT&T users.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
If you have not checked out their new U-verse service, do yourself a favor and do it. I had it installed this week and my download speed went from 2.80 mbps to 5.80 mbps and upload went from .32 mbps to .90 mbps. The modem comes with a built in wireless router and a battery back up power supply comes with it. My monthly service charge was cut in half and there is no installation charge.

And no. I do not work for AT&T. :)

8 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    They've sent two people out to try and convince me to switch from Time Warner. Free HBO for 6 months, then only $2 cheaper per month. I'm tempted but heard a few bad stories.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    jester - I did not get the digital TV service. I'm keeping that separate with my DirectTV satellite account. That way if I lose my internet I still have a back up.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc,

Just checked my Comcast connection on http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ to Atlanta. 17.5 up and 5.32 down.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Verizon is dtill the best hands down. 5.8mbps is nothing bro
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Clubber - Comcast is only offering up to 3.0 mbps in my neighborhood. See below.

New Customer Offers in Peachtree City, GA 30269
    Existing Customer?See Offers
    Find the best deals in your areaENTER ADDRESS Enter your address to view local offers and pricing

XFINITY Triple Play
    PACKAGE XFINITY On Demandâ„¢ CHANNELS INTERNET & VOICE EXTRAS PRICE

Economy Learn More Hide Details 45+ view lineup tvvoiceinternet-channels-01
    Up to 3 Mbps download speeds

Unlimited local calling

Btw using speakeasy I get the same results that I get from the AT&T test.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    I want google fiber
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc,

Your result is about what I had with at&t. Something I consider an interesting not of history. When DSL first started to enter the market down this way, I had it before anyone else I knew via at&t. his was in the early 90's. Now, I live out near the East Glades about 35 miles SW of Miami, so not a major area to have DSL when Miami doesn't. What had happened was hurricane andrew. The entire phone and electrical network was rebuilt where I am, therefore, everything was new and capable of handling DSL speed. What an improvement over a modem (may they rest in pieces)! BTW, my first modem was 300 baud.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    My cable modem works just as well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion