Phily 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

POLICE ARE investigating the deadly shooting of a 23-year-old man outside a South Philadelphia gentlemen's club early Sunday.

Officers received a report of a shooting in a parking lot outside Club Onyx, on Columbus Boulevard under the Walt Whitman Bridge, about 4:30 a.m.

The victim was shot in the jaw and back, and was taken by a private car to Temple University Hospital, police said. He was pronounced dead shortly afterward. Police have not released his name.

It is not the first time the club has been the scene of a violent crime. Last year, a 26-year-old man was shot outside the venue and died less than a week later. In 2010, thieves stole approximately $35,000 from the club during an armed robbery.

In October, a club promoter was the target of a home-invasion robbery in Upper Darby in which thieves got away with $60,000, police said. Randall Overton, 28, of Philadelphia, was charged in connection with the robbery.

No arrests had been made in Sunday's shooting, and police have not identified any suspects.

No one could be reached at the club, which boasts more than 75 of the tri-state's "finest entertainers," according to the club's website. "Our talented and dedicated staff will ensure that each visit to Onyx Philadelphia is a memorable experience," the site says.

9 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    TUSCL should be required reading for all. If he had read the reviews - he may have chosen another club. I would not visit a club where pat downs are performed. One guy remarked they even pull ou the waistband of your underwear. Leave my briefs alone! Girls only!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… I would not visit a club where pat downs are performed …”

That is sage advice. But that would mean not going to *any* black SCs then.

So if one is hardcore into “chocolate” like some people I know, then you’re SOL if you’re going to follow the above advice – which again it *is* sage advice
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Confiscate all guns!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    It's too bad more people don't have guns. Things like this wouldn't happen so frequently if the bad guys knew their victim was gonna shoot back.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Why guns it's ammunition that kills
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Chris Rock - "Don't go to parties with metal detectors
    Sure it feels safe inside; but what about
    all those niggaz waitin outside with guns?
    They know you ain't got one.."
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I guess C.A. => Central America?

Had to think about it for a minute :) – at first I didn’t notice the periods and thought CA was California - but that didn’t make sense.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "Our talented and dedicated staff will ensure that each visit to Onyx Philadelphia is a memorable experience"

Memorable for the wrong reason
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “…oui mon ami …”

Now I’m really confused – either your intelligence is way over my head, or you have your friend “Johnny Walker” beside you while your posting.

Most likely both :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion