tuscl

2AMer results in club closing.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, February 11, 2013 12:53 PM
Prince George's County[MD] police have shut down a District Heights strip club after a robbery and shooting at the adult entertainment business. Police said 30-year-old Marcus Antonio McCray shot a man several times during a robbery in the parking lot of the The Stardust Lounge, 5400 block of Marlboro Pike, early Wednesday. The victim was taken to a hospital and remains in critical condition. McCray, of the District Heights, was arrested and charged with attempted first-degree murder, armed robbery, first-degree assault, and related charges. Police on Friday ordered the closing of the Stardust, citing the shooting as an imminent danger to the safety and welfare of the public. The business also was operating without the required use and occupancy permit, police said. The Stardust will remain closed pending the outcome of an appeals hearing. The Stardust Lounge was shuttered in 2011 after the fire marshal reported violations

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Maybe the last review of the Stardust was an omen: “… Like most PG County clubs, sketchy neighborhood and several sketchy guys hanging around the entrance. But all in all felt safe enough …” “… it's a little dingy, a little cramped, and a little thuggish, but you can have a good time …”
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    And the BEAT just keeps on GOING!
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    My heart dropped a little bit because I expected it to be McDoogals. I have a special place in my heart for that little dive and would have to see it go down because of something like this.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Altard sounds like a broken broken broken broken broken broken broken broken broken broken. ........record record reco
  • trpterp
    11 years ago
    This makes two SC incidents in less than a week in good old Prince George's County. [view link] I sense the long arm of LE about to crack down on the other SC's in the county as public nuisances or something along those lines. Note to GoodOldSouthernBoy... McDoogal's is in a different county from where all this recent "activity" has gone down.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion