tuscl

Drinking too much and spitting on a cop may not be too wise.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A 25-year-old man picked a fight with a group of men outside an Allentown strip club early Friday and then spit on a police officer who had ordered him to leave, police said.

That's when a night at the Platinum Plus Gentleman's Club became a stunner for Andrew L. Alvarez of Bethlehem.

Alvarez fought with police after he was told he was under arrest, so police used a stun gun on him to get him under control about 2:12 a.m., Assistant Chief Joseph Hanna said. Alvarez, of Bethlehem, had the opportunity to leave quietly, but got out of his friend's car and continued being disorderly, he said.

Hanna said uniformed officers were outside Platinum Plus, 1245 Airport Road, as customers filed out when the club closed for the night. Some of the patrons told police at the scene that there was a disturbance in the parking lot, Hanna said.

Police saw Alvarez challenging a group of men to a fight, so officers warned them all to leave. The group got into their cars and left, but Alvarez didn't listen, Hanna said.

Alvarez continued being disorderly, but his friend managed to get him into the passenger seat of his car, Hanna said. Officers stayed at the scene to make sure they left, but Alvarez spit on officer Todd Dallman, Hanna said. Dallman told Alvarez that he was under arrest, but Alvarez resisted arrest, he said.

After he refused to stop resisting, police deployed a stun gun and took Alvarez into custody, Hanna said.

Alvarez, of 610 Prospect Ave., was charged with failure to disperse, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, harassment and public drunkenness. His bail information was not available.

4 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    12 years ago
    SC have that effect on some people. I have few war stories myself.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Oh beer!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Drinking alcohol is very seldom wise.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Now that is some SC video I would like to watch!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion