tuscl

2 stabbed during fight at northwest Houston gentlemen's club

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
HOUSTON – Two men were stabbed during a nasty fight at a gentlemen's club in northwest Houston early Wednesday.

Houston police said the men were arguing at the Sunset Strip Club on Mangum at Highway 290 around 1:15 a.m. when they both started stabbing each other.

One man was stabbed in the hand and the other was stabbed in the eye, according to police.

The man who was stabbed in the eye left the scene and drove to a nearby apartment complex where he was picked up by the Houston Fire Department. HFD picked the other stabbing victim up at the club.

Both were transported to Northwest Memorial Hermann Hospital in stable condition.

Residents were in an uproar when the strip club opened in their neighborhood last year. They told KHOU 11 News the club, which was once a Steak and Ale restaurant, was an “unwanted” replacement and too close to schools.

5 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    Gun control advocates should be enthusiastic.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Once again I'm amazed at how the victims go home or to someplace stupid like Taco Bell while bleeding to death. The smart ones might try to drive themselves to the hospital. Rarely do they take an ambulance.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "Once again I'm amazed at how the victims go home or to someplace stupid like Taco Bell while bleeding to death"

Ya know, sometimes in a busy inner city ER, the wait to see a doc might be 3 to 4 hours. Might as well fill up on a Burrito Supreme first so you don't go hungry. That hospital food is pretty bad.
  • steve229
    12 years ago

I realize that it's protocol for a 2 AMer victim (provided they're not already dead) to drive themselves someplace, but surely there should be an exception when the victim has been STABBED IN THE EYE!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    If it was truly a "Gentlemen's Club" - should they have dueled with pistols - not stab the guy in the eye!

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion