tuscl

Do you often feel like you are using a dial up modem here nowadays?

I keep getting that feeling as I wait for pages to load up. This is the slowest site I visit.

18 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    It can be a bit slow at times.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    IMO it seems to depend on when you are on TUSCL. Primetime, 8 to 11 or 12 EST is on average really slow. But I had no issues today around 4 pm.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    I DO happen to have "dial up" so it is always slow for me.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    During my usual log in time (7pm PST) the site can take a looooong time to load.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    As I was waiting FOREVERRRRRR it finally came up and this was the first thread I saw.

I thought it was me. I guess not.

Damn it. I wish founder or whoever would fix this
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    It costs money to speed up. Would you pay a subscription?
  • overnights
    12 years ago
    I think all of us are trying to get on here at night around the same time :). The site is much faster in the morning hours though (9am-noon). It is like Alucard says...bandwidth does cost money.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago

"It costs money to speed up. Would you pay a subscription"

I have. I paid for a membership. I wasn't one of the freeloaders who wrote a review just to get free membership!!!!!!!

Besides, he's got advertising all over the place. And there are money guys behindthis site. This isn't just sone hobbyist in his mom's basement.

From a review if "Topless Prophet"

"In this moving memoir of Alan Markovitz, who owns several Penthouse Gentlemen’s Clubs and the country’s No. 1 ranked adult entertainment club (The Ultimate Strip Club List (http://www.tuscl.net/), The Flight Club, we are treated to a first-hand account of a Detroit businessman who has helped change...."

• deogol
    12 years ago
    If I am using something for free, I don't do much complaining.

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Yes, it can be slow, but that's OK. I don't expect everything to be as fast as I like.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Days, just fine. Evenings, can be slower. Various times, "dial-up!" But I think deogol said it best!
  • ralphyboy
    12 years ago
    i'd like to see the 'quick view'-simple list of clubs- be the default review page vs the current 'detail' view... the 'quick view' may be the most useful option for most users and if it were the default review page would eliminate the two separate lag times it takes to get there...
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    ralphyboy,

I asked founder for that after the last incarnation of TUSCL. I didn't get a reply other than it remained as is.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    DDDDD-------DDDDDD------ BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Welcome to TUS >>>>>> connection lost
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I wasn't complaining or I would have sent a message to the Founder. However I wanted it to be known that this site is the slowest site I visit online. Those that don't seem to load at all, I skip. This site used to be a lot faster. I'm not sure if the site usage has increased a whole lot or if the data needed to load each page has skyrocketed. It would be nice if default settings could be set in our profiles so that reviews for instance could always be set for the list or quick reviews where only a line of text is given plus the state the review is for. I clear my cookies and browsing history routinely so that information is lost each time I visit this site. That means I and probably others are downloading a lot more data than we want to after logging in.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Careful Gatorfan, you are showing your age!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Age? My first internet connection was two cans and wire instead of string!

Not really, rather a 300 baud modem the size of a small car!
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    The abacus had a faster fuckin processor....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion