tuscl

bar tropical

anyone been there lately? is it worth the trip to tj? ive been to adelitas a couple of time and like it but want something more laid back. dont really like the knocks on the door. thanks

4 comments

• wwpmi
    12 years ago
    Bar Tropical is more like a dance bar and therefore much more laid back then Adelitas or Hong Kong. I spend little time there as they truley require you to speak spanish to negotiate anything. I like a simular bar next to Hong Kong's named La Chavelas. You can have just about any experiance you look for, the bar has live music many times and a great place to hang out. Depending on the time of day or week, they have 2 4 1 beers and the waiter and girls are less aggressive.
    There is a great site for TJ visitors call TJ Amigos Forums.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    TJAmigos is indeed a very useful resource.

If you don't like knocks on the door then do what I do:

1) Rent a room for the night at Hong Kong (Hotel Cascadas), which is usually only around $35.

2) Find young pretty latinas in the club and bring them to your room. There won't be any knocks and you'll often find girls willing to stay with you for even longer than 30 minutes.

If you know an Adelita girl pretty well she might go to Hotel Cascadas. It rarely happens but I've done it before. Some of the street girls also go to Cascadas, you can pick them outside of the alley exit/entrance to Hong Kong.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    I also wanted to add that you might want to check out Hong Kong and Adelitas on some of the more off nights. Of course there are more/better looking girls on weekends, but I've had success on random weekdays as well and you'll have less of a sausage fest and less pressure overall.
  • Joecock40
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll try a few places. We're going early. Like early afternoon. Is that too early or is it a good time. I really enjoy just sitting back and chilling with the girls before we go arriba. Is that la chavelas a good place early? I don't think they are all open that early are they?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion