tuscl

Strip Club Operator Fights To Open Near Ohio Univ.

ATHENS, Ohio -- A man who wants to open a strip club a few blocks from the Ohio University campus has filed a federal lawsuit against local officials who have repeatedly said no.
The Athens Post reported that Christopher Stotts claims in the suit filed Monday that the denials by the zoning board in Athens violate his constitutional rights to freedom of speech and expression.
Stotts first filed for a zoning permit for the business in 2007. His application was rejected again on Tuesday, despite the federal lawsuit. Media reports said the Athens Board of Zoning Appeals found the zoning code does not permit an adult business at the proposed site in downtown Athens.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/28255793/deta…

2 comments

• Prim0
    13 years ago
    Guess the OU students will have to keep driving to WV to get lap dances...oh wait, there are thousands of Co-eds on their campus that can do them...at least I never had a problem finding a girls for some fun when I visited there! Shit, this used to be the #1 party school in america!
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    I'd think that NEAR a campus is the worst place to RUN the club. It's a good place to RECRUIT dancers, sure, but would they really work right next to where the frat boys and they go to class together? And would the frat boys spend any more money at a nearby club than they ever have at any downtown or industrial-district club (a.k.a. nearly zero)?

I worry sometimes about running into a classmate or underclass(wo)man whom I recognize from campus, while she's working at a strip club (or, merely while she sees me entering or exiting a place that is clearly a strip club).

I think you want your clubs "out there" where it takes a bit of concerted effort to get there. That way, anyone at that location can definitely be confirmed as someone who "got seen" as much as they "saw" anyone else; thus, the conspiracy of silence is encouraged. :)

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion