tuscl

More than sixty arrested in Polk County undercover online prostitution sting

POLK COUNTY, Fla. - Polk County Sheriff's deputies arrested 60 individuals in an undercover prostitution sting.

The individuals were contacted online over several different websites.

The suspects came into Polk County from places as far away as California and Maine, as well as those from closer-to-home Bradenton and Davenport.

Among those arrested in the sting include a Polk County school bus driver, a pregnant woman, and a 15-year-old who brought her baby with her.

Sheriff Grady Judd said these kind of undercover operations and the publicity send a message that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated in Polk County

It may be working. Of the 60 people arrested in the undercover sting that ran for 7 days and involved as many as 20 officers, only one was from Polk County.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/re…

3 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    Sad.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    It is sad, but it will probably lead to copy cat crimes. Other sheriff departments will say hey, let's advertise sex online and if they come, we'll arrest them and charge them and then proclaim how we are tough on crime in our own county. Maybe law enforcement will help out by lifting bans on sex advertising online on certain popular sites like Craigs list. I'm actually ok with this. Tax the stupid, then the state governments can cut an equal amount to match what they collected. We can even call this the stupid tax. I think a tax on stupid people could become popular.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Just think about the millions of dollars states and cities could collect if they legalized prostitution but charged a tax on it. The country is bankrupt, cities and states are in some cases pretty much bankrupt, but the games continue. I don't think anyone in this country can legitimately claim any moral high ground knowing that our country can not pay back everything owed. Maybe the country can pay back what is owed to foreigners but when you add in about 55 trillion dollars debt for social security and medicare, medicaid, obamacare, etc. that comes to about $700,000 per family of four. Our government is not going to be able to collect enough taxes to pay that out without massive inflation or currency devaluation or a default or a change in payments. What's the moral high ground? I think not giving people back money they are owed is worse morally than allowing consenting adults to have sex and exchanging money for it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion