tuscl

Akron Area Strip Club Raided, Real Crime Uncovered

Ohio's look-but-don't-touch strip club policy is a head-scratcher, especially with every Recession-soaked city trying to redefine itself as a convention destination (Someone needs to tell the Med Mart people that Dr. Everyman isn't going to come to Cleveland and test drive a handsaw if he can't motorboat on the side. Come on, Jimmy Dimora knew that much). The punctilious law results in frequent club raids, police time and money that usually goes toward a few arrests for innocent (but yes, illegal) bump-and-grinding.

But sometimes police fish out more serious criminal activity. Such was the case at Desiree's in Norton, according to the Akron Beacon Journal. Local cops, Akron vice detectives and people from the Ohio Department of Public Safety all raided the club last Friday night as the party was starting.

Law enforcement stomped right to a private room, where they walked in on Actual Prostitution in progress. That's right, sex in the champagne room. The john and lady in question were both arrested. Four dancers were also arrested for exposing themselves and touching undercover officers during their routines. Marijuana and oxycodone were also found at the club.

The club shouldered 18 liquor violations as a result of the sweep. The paper reports a similar raid happened at Desiree's in 2008, also resulting in drugs and seven arrests.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-hear…

13 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    This is the second Ohio strip club busted in the past week! The first one was in Toledo and I shared that article a few days ago.
    http://www.tuscl.net/dt.php?DID=132113
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Sounds like Chris Rock was wrong about the champagne room.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    The REAL crime is that law makers have not yet figured out that they will never stop the oldest profession.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    'cat, they're not trying to *stop* it, they're just trying to make political hay, and maybe a little money, out of it. If they actually stopped all the "bad" things they claim they want to, they wouldn't have anything to run on!
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Wow, it hasn't been reviewed since January 2007. Doesn't sound like much of a loss.

http://www.tuscl.net/d2.php?DID=246
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    sinclair, that is the club in Kent. This is the one in Norton. Same name just different cities. The one in Norton was last reviewed in 2010 so it must not be too popular either.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Recent news is that most states are having budget problems. Ohio must have an untouchable budget segment for the Thought Police.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    My bad
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Fff'in Pigs
  • jackoff
    14 years ago
    Was the john actually charged or was he part of the sting.

I've always wondered why the police don't raid regular clubs. The amount of drugs that they could find would be astronomical. I've seen more tits flashed, tit sucking, groping etc... in regular clubs than at some strip clubs. I'm not making a case that I think they should, just a ? of why they don't.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    jackoff: Because regular club owners, employees and patrons don't have anywhere near the same political value as bad guys that the strip club versions do.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    I have not been to that club in years, but I used to frequent it in the old days. It's worth noting that Norton is a suburb of Akron and that Desiree's is the only club in that town that I know of. It was pretty scruffy back in the day; there was no such thing as a VIP or champagne room. It had a hot tub, which in the bikini days was the place you could see some titties and stuff, but that was it. I will say that it was the first place I was ever offered OTC sex for a fee. I turned it down back then due to the dubious nature of the club and the girls. the drugs and stuff are no surprise--there was always a bunch of locals, bikers, and regulars who hung out there. Definately a cop magnet. The one in Kent has been closed for a while; there is another Desiree's in Cuyahoga Falls.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion