tuscl

Oh, the irony!

"After my first dance all is well. They no longer give out free beer for those that get vips instead they charge an insane $3 for a 12 oz can. I work at a convenience store and a 24 pack costs $16.99 retail which is around .70 a can. They allow you to bring your own beer so for heaven sakes if you plan on drinking at nikitas BRING YOUR OWN BEER. But besides they elacious mark up lets talk about customer service."<p>

Have to love it when a convenience store worker complains about the markup at a strip club! This reviewer better avoid Detroit; last time in I was charged $9 for a bottle of water (grocery stores routinely sell 24-packs for $3, fyi.)<p>

15 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    CTQ, I was charged $8.50 for a bottle of water at Flight Club. Of course it was a rip off but it was some fancy water bottle not the typical ones that you find in a 24pk at the grocery store.

One club here in columbus (Vanity) used to charge only $2 for a Dasani water bottle. Fair price but then they got rid of those and started using tiny Fiji water bottles and charging $6 for them. Big rip off. Vanity does run a $1 bottle beer promotion but even with the cheap beer prices the club is not busy during the week and I don't go there because although the $1 beers are cheap the other drinks are $6 range.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I am surprised strip clubs do not just make up their own label brands for beer/water bottles. Walgreens has had their own brand of water bottles and now they have their own brand of beer. I am sure rick's cabaret or spearmint rhino sells enough beer to start their own private labels.

Also some clubs will charge high prices for bottle beer but their draft beer prices are more reasonable.
  • silkypants
    14 years ago
    Mons Venus charges $2 for Mons Venus labeled water.

• lopaw
    14 years ago
    Walgreens sells beer? The Walgreens here in L.A. don't sell any alcohol at all.....I assumed it was a Walgreens thing. But it sounds like it's a regional issue. Damn.

If Walgreens sold beer it would be my No. 1 shopping emporium!
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I don't usually buy draft beer in a strip club. I figure it is watered down so you are not getting what you paid for. I stick to bottled name brand beer.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I thought the same thing about paying almost $12 for two beers plus tips. I could have bought a whole pack for that price. What a rip off I thought. That's ok though, I spent a whole lot less on lap dances so I ended up spending a lot less money than if I had been drinking more.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I'd rather have less expensive beer. I guess expensive beer is good if you want to cut back your overall spending and drinking a whole lot. Raising drink prices I believe is pretty effective in dropping spending by customers. I think clubs do it because someone is only looking at the drink revenue instead of the bigger picture like overall revenue of the strip club.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I have seen that Walgreens beer. It is called Old Mill or something like that and is dirt cheap. Haven't tried it yet.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    If it were boom times and strip clubs were packed a price increase might stick but with the way things are now, people leave and go somewhere else or just don't spend money on other things. In my case I don't spend as much money on lap dances. Case in point the other night, I might have paid several extra dollars beyond a reasonable price for a few beers. I declined the opportunity to get several lap dances. Several dancers did not appeal to me. I barely even had enough alcohol in me to notice any effect. Someone looking at drink revenue might have noticed the extra money they are making on drinks. They aren't looking at the decrease in customers attending the club or that customers aren't buying as many dances. If they do notice, they may mistakenly think it's all due to the economy.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ct, you think 3 dollars for a beer is insane?
    man i'd love to be able to get a beer in a stripclub for only 3 dollars!
    so what do you think about 6 dollars for a bottled water (hustler club) or 7 dollars for a small glass of juice (amber's lounge)? now those are INSANE prices! especially in an economicly depressed area like northern ohio.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    lopaw: I seem to remember that Savon drug stores used to carry their own label on liquor. Do you remember that?
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Troop. that first paragragh was a quote from a recent review. The reviewer (a convenience store worker no less) felt $3 for a beer was insane. I chimed in with I had been charged $9 for a bottled water last time into Bogart's in Inkster, which I have a problem with. That has discouraged me from returning.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ahhh ct, ok.
    i worked most of the weekend and when i read this thread and posted last night at midnight i had about 4 hours sleep since friday night and just plain misread it. hell. i'm still half zombie right now.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    And you used "irony" correctly. :)
  • dustyshoes
    14 years ago
    shark: "They aren't looking at the decrease in customers attending the club or that customers aren't buying as many dances."

I don't think the club worries too much about how much is spent on dances, since only a portion of that goes to the bottom line. I think they only worry about a dancer population which pays tipout or a portion of each dance. But drink prices go directly to the club which contributes more to the bottom line.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion