tuscl

Death coming to two Atlanta clubs...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
The city of Forest Park GA has a new ordinance affecting the two strip clubs within the city limits.Basically no nudity and no contact. The two clubs are the Pink Pony South and the Crazy Horse Saloon. I visited the Crazy Horse a couple of weeks ago and it was bing enforced. The club went from nudity to bikini. They lowered the price of table dances to $5 to try to hold on to their customers but with 41 Other clubs in the Atlanta metro area that is going to be impossible. I just read a review for another Atlanta club. The reviewer said that there were a lot of new dancers from the two clubs that just went bikini. Of course the attorney for the clubs is seeking to reverse the ordinance but I think it will be a lost cause. A sign of the times!!!

15 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Several places/locales around the country are becoming more restrictive. Well, except for The Hamilton chain around Detroit metro. They've replaced their 'VIP mosh pits of love' with booths for you and your recently found love interest...
  • BaddJack
    14 years ago
    The drummer in my old college band lives in Detroit. That gives me an excuse to visit. I have not yet partaken of the hospitality that MoTown has to offer.
    Perhaps it is time.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    Goddamn religious conservatives keep trying to ruin my day. Why a woman can't volunteer to get naked (and have sex in my opinion) under any mutually agreeable circumstances is beyond me. The only apparent "justification" comes from religious/traditional underpinnings, which begs the question, why in the world should that have any bearing in a free and secular society? I know it's for the same reason I can't buy liquor on Sundays, churches get a free tax ride AND occupy some of the best prime real estate in Atlanta. It's restrictive thought applied to action that has only one purpose - to keep me from indulging in some activity I find pleasurable/uplifting and is totally neutral in and of itself, that someone else's irrational belief-driven "morals" finds offensive for some stupid and non-relevant reason.

Oppression is oppression, no matter what how pious the oppressors represent themselves. When they willy nilly close a couple lawfully operating establishments that pay taxes, provide employment, and sell a much-desired service, that's the real crime. I agree with shadowcat that it's the 'sign of the times,' and not likely to improve under our current conservative trending government.

Okay, enough pontificating. Thanks shadowcat for the update. Thankfully, the Atlanta clubs are still hopping...
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    "The only apparent "justification" comes from religious/traditional underpinnings, which begs the question, why in the world should that have any bearing in a free and secular society?"

Because strip club patrons don't vote, nor do they even bother to write a letter. Dancer's? Even worse in protecting their rights. Strip club management can't do it all on their own and on their dime.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    deogol - I'm not sure we don't vote (I do, anyway), but I'm guessing we don't vote along the lines of this issue. In other words, there are people who'll vote ONLY for candidates who are pro-gun, or anti-abortion, or anti-gay, etc. I've never seen a candidate ever advocate the rights of SCs nor of a voting block publicly staking their collective vote, and campaign contributions, to that. Maybe it's time?...
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    A man is supposed to settled down, get married, become a responsible and caring father, lead the family, pay his bills on time, attend church regularly, mow the lawn and keep his shoulder to the wheel. Recreation is limited to watching or attending sporting events, family boating, golf, backyard cook-outs and taking the wife out to dinner at least once a week. The idea of any recreational activity with another woman siphons money away from these necessary and approved activities and responsibilites--so it must be stopped. When conservatives warn us about "big government" running our lives, I wonder how many of them focus on local government controlling men at the crotch.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Jack, the clubs which don't have booths have added curtains to achieve a similar effect. Basically bring your dough and it's pretty much all on the menu. You'll just have to develop a thick skin for when shot girl comes around for the 7,000th time and once again tries to hustle you.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    do they still have the sushi bar at PPS? That must be pretty expensive to maintain.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    Rod, I think voting for someone who doesn't blame R-rated movies, tends to be pro-freedom-of-speech (at least our kind of speech), and defines themselves as "socially liberal" (regardless if they are "fiscally conservative") might be in our corner.

But yea, finding someone who stands up to the organized voting masses of the congregation is hard to find. I think even these days strip clubs have far more (eligible to vote) customers than a single church's congregation has members, but nobody ever mobilizes them.
  • boomer79
    14 years ago
    Don't forget jealous women either. They're right up there with the religious conservatives on this one. Many are paranoid abuot their man or convinced that there is another reason other than themselves why they don't do better witht their relationships. Middle aged and older women are usually opposed to this thing even more vehemently than the Bible thumpers.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    Holy schnikes! No nudity and no contact? Boomer's only saving grace (since they have no contact) is that the dancers can be very brazen about their nudity.
  • boomer79
    14 years ago
    At least Fulton and Dekalb are still ok. Atlanta isn't the best strip club town around, but we still have it better than most places. Both of my area favs are in Dekalb with Oasis and Follies, so it's not the end of the world. I feel bad for the people who live near there and the owners, but those clubs were pretty far down the totem pole in Metro Atlanta.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    All you need to do is get tens of thousands of protesters out on the streets in front of city hall and then you'll get noticed. I'm glad I could help solve the problem. :)
  • troop
    14 years ago

christ! now we have a phone shill! :rolleyes:
    i'll make a note to never use your product dan!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago

Tuesday, February 22, 2011Last Update: 3:41 PM PT Cabaret Loses Battle Over Alcohol Ordinance
    By IULIA FILIP
    ShareThis
    ATLANTA (CN) - A federal judge denied a strip club owner's request to stop a city ordinance banning alcohol in adult businesses, finding that the club owner failed to show that the city's decision was unreasonable.
    In March 2010, the city council for Atlanta suburb Forest Park, Ga. passed an adult-entertainment ordinance banning the consumption or sale of alcohol in adult-entertainment establishments after Jan. 1, 2011, among other provisions.
    Jack Galardi, the owner of two adult entertainment businesses located in Forest Park, challenged the alcohol provision of the ordinance. Galardi, who operates more than ten strip clubs scattered through Georgia, Florida and Nevada, filed a motion for preliminary injunction, seeking to prevent the enforcement of the ordinance.
    In rejecting the injunction, U.S. District Judge Richard W. Story relied heavily on precedent set by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

BYE BYE

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion