tuscl

Spell check....

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Iam a computer nerd. I recently moved from Windows pro, firefox to a new DEll windows 7.IE. I don't have spell check. Do I need to activate something or down load a program? Thanks.

12 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I didn't know Windows IE 7 had a spell check. Wouldn't it be the opposite of nerds since we don't know.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Did you have spell check when you were using your previous version of Windows? If so, then there is probably some security item in IE 8 that is preventing it from running. Being new to W7 myself, I don't know what that setting is, nut it's probably something on the order of "allow scripting". Alternatively, IE 8 probably still has the ability to designate a site as "trusted", so if you trust that this site won't deliver malicious content, you could try that.

Another possibility is that you had a spell-check add-in installed in whatever browser you were using before. If that's the case, you'll need to figure out what it was and install a compatible version on your new machine.

Joke that helps.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Er, "joke" should be "hope". iPhone makes some goofy spelling choices itself sometimes. :)
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Here's a thought-you might've paid attention in fourth grade. Do that and you don't need spell check.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    firefox and chrome have a built in spell check

With IE you have to download an add on.

I would recommend just downloading chrome or firefox
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The only site that does not work well with Chrome that I have encountered in SCL...
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    http://www.iespell.com/

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer

But again, I recommend just downloading firefox or chrome. They are much faster browsers as well. There are good reasons why they are growing so fast in popularity.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Ironically SCL does not work well for users either LOL
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    It's funny how when I type SCL into google it brings up a stock quote. Nothing on the first page of results is about strip clubs
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat, you are a dirty old man writing on a strip club review site, and you're worried what people will think of your spelling??? Besides, using a spell checker is cheating... kind of like a mail-order diploma.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    stripclubspy, yes I am a dirty old man.I know how to spell but my hands are faster than my brain.It is finger fight. I have been critised for my bad spelling on here. I just want to clean it up.
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    shadowcat, as far as I'm concerned, you can (mis)spell anyway you want.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion