tuscl

Florida and strip clubs

4 Florida clubs are in the top 10 list..and I was wondering if any one knows why the strip clubs are so great in FL? I know the list does change and clubs appear on and off...but this is a strong trend to have 4 clubs in the top 10 from the same state.

1. Lido Cabaret

Cape Canaveral, Florida

3. Mons Venus

Tampa, Florida

7. Tootsie's Cabaret

Miami, Florida

10. Spearmint Rhino

West Palm Beach, Florida

13 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Mons & Tootsie's I think are reknown for extras, dont know the other ones.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    I'd call it coincidence. If all you wanted was a response to the OP, that's it.

Mons is an elite spot, but a lot of the hype it gets are from guys who haven't seen a lot of clubs but know to go there. Tootsie's I haven't gotten around to but hear it's legit. There are plenty of clubs that bubbled up out of nowhere because their regulars pushed it into the Top 10 once it got close. They don't appear to stay there long. Then you get some clubs which suffer from backlash because they're so popular and they may never hit the Top 10.

But you never know, a top club could get its legs and establish itself as a perennial fave. When I saw "Lido Cabaret" was the top club (in Cape Canaveral of all places) I shrugged. Had to be a homer rating I thought, but Joe from NJ (who's seen a club or two) gave it a 10. So then my opinion goes from it's probably a junk rating to maybe I'd check it out if in the area again. At the end of the day you don't really know until you're standing in the place.
  • Skyrbuoy
    15 years ago
    Not been to the 'Rhino, but Flashdance, T's, and Cheetah in WPB have all had great runs with mileage. AND WPB is full-nude, full liquor.

Tootsie's is an American classic. Multi-cultural, all nude, full liquor, party atmoshpere.

Mons is hot hardbodies. Full contact. Not a bad thing

Lido gets a good share of coastal cuties, but the better bang for the buck is at the Inner Room-$10 dances, and the right girl will rub you the right way.

All from a life-long Floridian. The only place outside of Florida that I have had that kind of experience is in Toronto
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I've been to all, except Rhino, but I may have been to the club before a name change. I think it can be summed up pretty easily. In all the states I've visited and gone to clubs, Florida is by far the most "open" of them all.

I am sure there are exceptions in most every state, but in Florida, the exceptions are in the opposite direction,
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    "(in Cape Canaveral of all places)"
    Cape Canaveral is best known as the home of the NASA John F. Kennedy Space Center and its space launch facility. The astronauts are probably all really horny when they get back from space travel. lol
  • train
    15 years ago
    gatorfan,
    The women at Mons are incredible for the most part, but there are no extras there.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Yeah, Sam - horny astronauts. Another theory is the warm weather and all the great beaches have created a pro-skin culture. From all that skin on the beaches, it is pretty natural extension to take the laid-back fun-loing attitude into the clubs. Notice that Houston also has a lot of great clubs (nothing like Florida of course.) But California has lots of beaches but not near as many great strip-clubs-per-capita. How come? Probably because California is more "civilized" with all those hi tech hi glamour industries, and all the emphasis on regulating everything under the sun.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Of course you've heard about California being like a bowl of Granola.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Another off the wall theory is that the organized crime/drug cartels from around Columbia and Cuba use the strip clubs in FL as fronts for their money laundering.
  • mtnboy49
    15 years ago
    IMHO the Florida clubs get rated high because the boundary between normal and extra is up there. In the case of Tootsies, the place is a party atmosphere like I have never seen. Any one time there were 5 or 6 Naked Ladies on the tip rail plus ladies on stage. I got a freaking emergency flashlight one night as an extra for getting a dance.

In FL, hands on is expected. Every else in the country I have been, my hands have had to be discrete.

• Clubber
    15 years ago
    mtnboy49,

That has been my experience as well. In some other states some contact is allowed, but discretely.

As for Tootsie's, as one that knew it from the REAL old days, to it's rebirth at the old site, then to it's present site, WOW, what a difference!
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    In western NY, near Buffalo and Rochester, hands on is not only permitted, but you get funny looks if you ask if it's OK to touch. I suspect that's because technically, they aren't nude clubs, i.e. pasties and g-strings, minimum, so the touching isn't considered out of bounds. On the other hand, I've had private dances in a couple of those clubs, and the clothes have fallen off pretty fast when asked..
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Florida must have more clubs per sq mile than any other state?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion