tuscl

Curves Price Increase - Effective 7-26-24

azdd
On the prowl in Tucson and Phoenix
Just heard from one of my regulars at Curves that they have increased dance prices effective today - $20 floor dances, and $35 in VIP! This is an insane increase for the Tucson market in my opinion. Of course most of the increase is going to a bigger house cut, so the girls only get a portion of the price increase. The club is super slow right now, and this is gonna piss off the regulars, like me!

This is higher than HiLiter in Phoenix, which has the same owners. They charge $10 on the floor, and $30 VIP, $40 after 9pm. And of course, Bourbon Street, which has the hottest dancers, albeit lower mileage, is STILL at $20/VIP dance.

10 comments

• tusclmania
    3 months ago
    Thanks for the update! Any other place(s) in Tucson worth going to?
  • azdd
    3 months ago
    Some like Raiders Reef, although I’m not a fan. I hear they also have had a price increase, but not as much. After Curves and RR, everything else in Tucson is a steep drop-off in quality.
  • ReadyToMonger
    3 months ago
    Yeah , many clubs are doing this, but this isnt 1990 or early 2000. Inflation is a bitch and the dancers are complaining to the clubs that its not worth even coming in for $20 dances.

Think about it after ip out to DJ, club and other shit they basically make half. Pay the price or dont play the game, that simple. I'm a seasoned monger and the price of OTC pussy has gone up too. But also the desperation form money from the ladies has increased so it leaves room for bargaining.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    At some point, people stop getting dances at a greater pace than the price increase. Therefore, the dancers earn less overall. It's the equivalent of an hourly employee receiving a 10% rate increase, then having their hours cut by 25%.

For many dancers, they can earn significantly more dancing, and in fewer hours, than they would earn at a mainstream job. Dancers deciding to not dance leaves a gap in earnings for them. They are caught up in the "not worth going in" mindset, while they sit at home and earn nothing.
  • Nixur68
    3 months ago
    I don’t get how hi-liter gets away with $40 dances. It’s not worth it. Even Christie’s is $25/song or they’ll do 5 for $100.
  • azdd
    3 months ago
    It’s worse when most of the price increase goes to the house instead of the dancer. Fewer dances get bought, and they make only a few bucks more per dance. Curves started this during COVID, charging a $5 house fee per dance (paid by the dancer) supposedly for extra staff, but they never looked back and have now jacked the house fee up again. It sucks balls, and not in a good way!
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Readytomonger price of OTC has gone up compared to what time period? OTC is getting cheaper these days than in the last 3 years i think? Idk
  • mark94
    2 months ago
    It’s my experience that clubs raise their prices during tough economic times, under the theory that will increase dancer’s income. Of course, having taken Econ 101, I know the opposite happens.
  • funonthaside
    2 months ago
    If clubs care about raising dancer income, they would lower their cuts of house fees. I think we're all smart enough to know the price increases are designed to increase club income (except it backfires when customers find better-value alternatives to those clubs).
  • Tislover2223
    25 days ago
    What would be OTC rate in Phoenix clubs
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion