tuscl

End of Title 42 and crossing the border

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 10:08 PM
Has anyone gone to TJ since the end of title 42 and if you have then how was crossing the border back into the states. Is it alot more crowded or a shit show or is it pretty much business as usual. I'm planning on going in a few weeks when I'm in SD but not sure if it's going to be more of a hassle than it's worth. Thanks for any replies

7 comments

• CJKent_band
    a year ago
    Business as usual. “ The Department of Homeland Security has said under a new rule, Title 8, people will be disqualified from seeking asylum in the US if they did not apply in countries they crossed earlier in their journeys. The Mexican government also announced that they will continue to accept returns under Title 8 at the US border.”
  • Redbaron12
    a year ago
    I was in TJ right as title 42 was ending and was worried the border might be zoo. It was no different than normal.
  • danmccanns
    a year ago
    When I crossed last week I was in my car 35 minutes after getting in line. I went in the morning, around 7am.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I'll be crossing on foot tomorrow late morning back into the USA after 3 nights in Tijuana.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    walked across at about 1:30 p.m. today. general line at ped East chaparral San ysidro was backed up beyond the pedestrian bridge. the general line was longer than it usually is at that time.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    my crossing time was 1 minute wait in the sentry lane. thank goodness for my global entry.
  • azguy90
    a year ago
    Thanks for all of the answers guys
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion