tuscl

1st 2AMer of 2023 Columbus OH.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Columbus man was killed and four other people were wounded early Sunday morning after an argument turned to gunfire at a strip club in Mifflin Township near John Glenn Columbus International Airport.

Around 2:30 a.m on New Year's Day, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a shooting at Bucks Platinum, located at the intersection of Johnstown and Stelzer roads in Mifflin Township.

The shooting began as a dispute between two patrons at the adult entertainment business and a total of five people were shot, said Maureen Kocot, a spokesperson for the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.

Charles Earl Westbrook, 28, of Columbus' Hilltop neighborhood, was fatally shot, Kocot said.

A second, unidentified person who was shot is currently in critical condition. Three other victims are in stable condition, she said.

Kocot said the shooting was not an “active shooter” situation, but rather an argument that escalated to gunfire, striking bystanders.

A suspect is currently not in custody pending an investigation, Kocot said.

Franklin County Sheriff's detectives are investigating the shooting with the assistance of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

3 comments

• whodey
    2 years ago
    This place has really changed since it was bought out by Bucks. When it used to be Centerfolds it was never a great club, even by Columbus standards, but you basically knew what you would get which was just basic lapdances with limited 2 way contact. It was a decent mix of rock, hip hop and occasionally some pop music and a good mix of white, black and Latina dancers. Now under Bucks it is all hip hop music, about 90% black dancers with only the occasional white or Latina and the dances range from pretty good 2 way contact to tweaking air dances. Between the changes and the fact that they started taking a picture of your ID made me stop going.

I will say that I never felt at all unsafe in the club or the neighborhood either before or after the change to Bucks. It's not a high end area but it is a decent area near the airport.
  • Frankcastle
    2 years ago
    Wow. When it was Centerfolds it was just a boring place that had little to recommend except it was right by the airport. Had the occasional hottie. Dances were lame, customers kept to themselves. The DJ played Def Leppard's "Hello America" once and I was hit with a wave of nostalgia.

Wasn't a great place, but sad to see it devolve.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Someone must have walked in with a Georgia jersey.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion