tuscl

Atlanta 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
ATLANTA - Atlanta police investigated a shooting early Saturday morning outside a club.

Police were investigating on Baker Street between Courtland Street and Piedmont Avenue. Police said the report of shots fired near the Marriott Marquee hotel came at around 1 a.m.

FOX 5 Atlanta confirmed there no one fired shots at the hotel, which was evacuated.

Police had part of the street closed off with crime scene tape outside Gentleman's Club at 134 Baker Street.

Police have not provided details on the victim's condition.

Police haven't made any arrests.

Viedo:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/man-sho…

7 comments

• TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Let me guess, they weren't gentlemen.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Why do they need the police isn’t Sherlock Holmes on Baker Street?
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Here’s a case for an edit button. The last review of the club immediately described the club as being in a “safe area”
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    “ Here’s a case for an edit button. The last review of the club immediately described the club as being in a “safe area””

It is. It’s right in the middle of the downtown business district between major office buildings and hotels.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    UPdate: victim arrested.

ATLANTA - Atlanta police investigated a shooting early Saturday morning outside a club.

Police were investigating on Baker Street between Courtland Street and Piedmont Avenue.

Police had part of the street closed off with crime scene tape outside Gentleman's Club at 134 Baker Street.

Officers went to Emory University Hospital Midtown at around 2 a.m. Saturday and found a man, 24-year-old Marquese Sinkfield, who had been shot and taken there in a private car. He was in stable condition and talked to police, though officers noticed the man appeared to avoid answering some questions. Investigators later learned Sinkfield was wanted for rape, battery, gun possession and three counts of aggravated assault in DeKalb County and arrested him.

Investigators said the man may have been walking near Courtland Street and Baker Street in Northeast Atlanta when he heard gunshots and realized he had been shot in the leg. Officers learned there had been a fight that escalated to gunfire outside the club at 134 Baker Street.

Officers found several shell casings from the scene of the dispute.

Police said a report of shots fired near the Marriott Marquee Hotel, about one block from Gentleman's Club, came at around 1 a.m. FOX 5 Atlanta confirmed no one fired shots at the hotel, which was evacuated.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    My “safe area” comment was a bit of a parody on the quotes you always read from neighbors after a mass shooting

“he seemed like such a nice, quiet boy”
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I went to this club on a weekend nightshift in late 2015 – I found the area a bit eerie – the club had a small parking-lot next to it but I think it was city parking and at the time I arrived (early-eve) wasn’t sure if I had to pay or not and couldn’t figure it out – being outta town I didn’t wanna take any chances so ended up parking at a city parking garage a couple of blocks away – I was a bit on edge on my walk to the club b/c I was unfamiliar w/ the area and there seemed to be a good # of homeless hanging-around.

I usually don’t like to hang out in downtown areas and they usually have a very different vibe at night vs daytime – on my visit 6+ years ago I didn’t necessarily feel safe walking around in that area at night but that goes for most downtown areas I’ve been to w.r.t. nighttime.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion