tuscl
Brass Rail Tavern
701 Yonge St Toronto, ON M4Y 2B2, Canada

"Featured Dancer" WTF

Friday, January 10, 2020 10:03 PM
Any visitors here experience the "Featured Dancer" called "V*******a"? I would objectively estimate that this woman is actually in her 50s. She's clearly been plying her trade a long time, but I can promise you that nobody is coming to the club specifically to see this. Nobody else gets billed as a "featured" performer. Anybody have theory or info on what the deal is with this?

8 comments

• Mr ali
    2 years ago
    The feature dancer thing is basically just a big sticker they give to 'special' dancers. From what I gather, they do it to reward girls who've been there for a long time, to give them a little something to make them feel important. It tends to get used most for girls like Nikki Rampage and Luna who have obvious emotional problems and self confidence issues and tend to not work effectively when their low moods take over.
  • Mr ali
    2 years ago
    Think of it like when a doctor gives a patient a lollipop, in other words.
  • JimGassagain
    2 years ago
    “V******a” is actually Desertscrub’s type. He spends hours of vip time with her because she’s his ATF. Bacon!!
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Different customers come for different reasons. Like, to hate on dancers you don't like, in your case. So, good for her, if she keeps you out of the club. Hateful people are trouble, wherever they go.
  • Mr ali
    2 years ago
    Nobody is being hateful, it's just blunt honesty. Feature dancer only means something if you're bringing in an outside attraction or putting your A+ talent up on stage. But when it's used for mid-card attractions who quite literally work there 4-5 days a week and basically just put on a difft costume for an hour when they are 'FEATURE'...then yeah...it's meaningless. They do it because they know these girls have hit 30 and are starting to realize their lives have gone nowhere. So to keep them roped into the Perpetual Childhood Machine psychological vortex that is the stripping industry, they give them superficial headlines that nobody outside the club notices or cares about. It's a distraction tool that people like Janell use to keep the girls from really dealing with the true reality that (a) they're wasting their lives away as strippers and (b) they could find far more fulfillment if they did good things with their life and truly left the vortex for a change. Plus, it helps the club keep cattle inside the tent, so they can squeeze out a few more bucks before they sell out and a sea of glass goes up in a year or two.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Could be she simply makes as much or more than some younger dancers, just by taking her work more seriously. So the club gives her recognition for that, to encourage the younger dancers to come closer to their full potential. A simpler, more plausible guess as to what's going on. But you prefer a hateful one.
  • Mr ali
    2 years ago
    Listen man, if you think that's more plausible, cool, whatever. Not going to waste time debating with a "knight in shining armour" from the USA, who based on posting history seems like he's been to the place 4-5 times tops. I've been going to the Rail for long enough and know enough of the girls (including outside the club) to have a certain sense of what's going on. When I say it's a participation ribbon to keep the old guard happy, there's a lot of truth to that claim. But you don't have to believe me. It's cool if you don't.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Oh so I'm not Canadian enough to have an opinion, eh? Take off, then, you hoser, you've gone on and on long enough a boot this. Relax drinking a couple $15 dollar beers, to go along with some crappy Ontario poutine.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion