shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

6 comments

• EarlTee
    9 years ago
    San Diego strip clubs... all horrible.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'm not shocked. They never had the proper permits.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    That's why I've never gone to a San Diego sc.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Technically it's in Chula Vista, a separate city, similar to the "detroit" clubs that aren't within city limits.

That's why they were (sort of) able to get away with nude lap dances. But they never applied for the proper permits in the first place. Their plan seemed to be to open, then figure out a way to stay open after the fact. Better to ask forgiveness than permission?

I'm shocked they stayed open as long as they did.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    No proper permits? See that is similar to how it was with the Table Dancing circuit in San Jose's Mexican Bars.

If the authorities wanted to shut them down, they could at anytime, as they were going way beyond what was happening in the advertised Sunnyvale clubs. So applying for permits would have accomplished nothing.

Actually, any type of Adult Entertainment permit does not actually authorize you to do anything which is not already legal, such as legal on the sidewalk in front of the club.

If you apply for the permit, all that does is make you subject to an entire new package of regulations.

As it was in San Jose, they let the shows go on for quite a while and there have been similar stints since. But in the most recent of times they have been shutting the bars down themselves, as the old San Jose is demolished building by building to make room for the New Yuppified San Jose.

Maybe such shows exist somewhere, like in Mexican Bars in Watsonville or Salinas.

Some people seemed to like this Chula Vista place.

SJG
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    I wonder if the club predates the law?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion