Very basic tipping question

Sunday, April 28, 2024 2:57 AM
I kinda feel silly asking this but here goes. After a dancer finishes her set on stage and she’s approaching each customer sitting at the bar for a tip, what is the standard amount? I used to go to strip clubs a lot in the 1990s and have started to return to the scene. Back in 90s the standard, expected, tip was $1. But with inflation is that too little now? Or is this a some things never change type of thing? To be clear I’m not asking about tips for extras or a good LD etc. Just basic post stage show tipping. I’m not looking to impress anyone by throwing money around but I don’t want to look like a cheap bastard either. If geography makes a difference I’m talking about central NJ ( bourbon st, black Betty’s, gogo rama area). Thanks.

12 comments

It depends on what you want to have happen next. Your basic three options are (1) a dollar or two, if you want to never see her again, (2) as much as anyone else, if you want a few minutes attention, or (3) as much as everyone else, if you want to find out what's the best you can get.
From978
17 days ago
Hmm thanks but if I knew what everyone else was tipping I wouldn’t have needed to ask the question. I guess I should try and discretely scope out what the other patrons are tipping.
Lurker-X
17 days ago
Yogi Berra: You can observe a lot by just watching.
From978
17 days ago
I tip $2 a song and if she comes over, gets in my lap with maybe boobies in the face, a little OTP action, I will put out another $2 to show my appreciation. If I had previous "extra" experience with the dancer and I know what is to cum, I mean come in the booth, I will tip her $5 a song and might even ask her if I can buy her a drink. On the other side. If I put out $2 and she just hangs around the pole and is ignoring me, I will get up before that second song.
Mr Johnson
17 days ago
From978 is correct. There’s likely veteran PLs in there. Seeing what one of them is doing is the knowledge you seek and need. What I’d add is this, will you be going there frequently or semi frequently? If so what’s your predetermined comfort level spend (make sure to have a predetermined amount)? If you can comfortably spend like this, if the average customer gives 2$ you give 5$. She does something particularly right for you? Tip smartly but solidly. As you go back there more, that previous additional spending buys above the norm potential for each visit.
Brahma2k
16 days ago
IME, $1 tip after stage is a “Go Away” tip. If you like what you see, 2 $1 bills placed in different locations is a neutral. Larger bill obviously placed to be seen by dancer=see me 1st when you are done collecting tips
chimera422
16 days ago
Geography absolutely makes a difference. The type of club also makes a difference. Within south Florida there's clubs where a buck on a tip walk is customary and places where a buck for tip would be taken more like spitting in the girls face and calling her a diseased rhino. If it were me, I'd do what I felt was right and watch the girls reactions. It shouldn't be hard to see the range of reactions from along the spectrum from resentment, to indifference, to excitement. Then adjust for to match your tip with your feeling. If she was unattractive and gave a poor performance, a low tip is warranted. If she was hot as fuck and put on a great show, a better tip is warranted. You could try to peek at what others are giving too. But me telling you that my typical tip range is 3-10 bucks probably isn't relevant in your situation. Especially since I generally avoid tip walk clubs. I don't usually try to use tip amounts to indicate level of interest interest. Sometimes I do, but usually I find it more effective to tip in the average/slightly above range and simply tell her I'd like to her to come over when she can.
Dolfan
16 days ago
Depends on where you are located. It also depends how many dancers are on stage at a time. If there’s only one girl every three songs and it’s 18-20 songs an hour that’s about 6 tips an hour. I’d go $3 there. If there are two dancers on stage and they are only doing two songs a set, then that’s 18-20 tips an hour. I drop down to $2 in that situation. I probably should go to $1 but it just seems too low. Those are my minimums. I’ll stage tip or tip a few dollars more on the tip walk to girls I’m interested in, did a great stage show, groped me, etc.
Hank Moody
16 days ago
$1 as a courtesy/go-away tip. Everyone deserves that, even if they aren't your type. $2 if she was especially cute/good on stage/was personable in approach....but not good enough to elicit interest in more conversation/drink/LD/VIP. $3+ if I want her to come back to me after tip walk &/or if her set was particularly engaging. In summary....depends on my mood/situation. There is no one-size-fits-all amount. I do NOT, however, engage with the "1 for the kitty?" nonsense that sometimes follows the first $1-$2. I shut that down quickly.
funonthaside
16 days ago
Thank you everyone for the responses, it helps. I think funonthaside’s post is the most spot on for my purposes. Though I’m not clear on what the 1 for the kitty nonsense is. Is that referring to when after tipping a dancer up by her breasts she pulls aside her g-string a bit for a bonus tip down low? I’m actually ok with giving a second tip in that circumstance.
Lurker-X
14 days ago
Yes....that's the "one for the kitty?" tactic.
funonthaside
12 days ago
I Would 💲$💲3 - 25 For Stage Performance. Sitting With A Dancer Could Could Range From $$$ 15 - 500 Depending On How Long @ The Strip Club & What We're Doing. $$$ Fluctuate With Dances As Well. Strippers With ♥️ Heart That Don't Tell Me Silly Rules Make The Most! As Long As Club Management & Dancers Are Cool With Me, We Are In Business 🐦
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion