"Do You Have a Condom?"

Saturday, April 27, 2024 7:11 PM
AITM (am I the misogynist) for wondering why I should ever be asked this question at the SC? It happened most recently the other day in an extras club with a dancer with whom I have enjoyed CFS on previous occasions. In her case, she apologized and explained that she had spaced out on transferring condoms from one purse to the other. That's ok. Stuff like that happens. However, it has happened a number of times in the past with other dancers (always on a first meeting) where no such explanation was offered. I've considered that it might just be a gracious way of bowing out of FS, but, on a couple of those occasions the dancers ducked out of VIP and wrassled one up from their coworkers, and off to the races we went. Also, on rare occasions I have been asked the question and actually had one on my person, and the festivities proceeded. Condoms are a particularly radioactive form of contraband that I can't afford to have inadvertently turn up on my person at home. I'm sure I'm far from the only SC patron in that boat. Unless you can find one of those gas station restroom vending machines (not even sure I'd trust what comes out of those) you've got to buy a 3-pack minimum, and, since the majority of extras-inclined dancers do keep them on hand, that means three (or at least two) condoms that will have to disappear, unused, before I get home. Typically, I'll make a feeble attempt to pay things forward by leaving them on a prominent horizontal surface in a public place where, hopefully some condom-deprived person will see them and snatch them up. While the condoms protect both of us, I don't think it is sexist to expect the extras-oriented dancer to be equipped with them, since having them on hand should make a difference in their income. When I take my car to the shop, I would be taken aback if the mechanic asked if I had a spanner on me, just as I would if the barber asked if I had scissors.

26 comments

I get your point, but keep in mind that normal business expectations don't necessarily apply in a strip club. In the end, she is there to make money and you are the one spending money. Just like a lot of girls expect you to pay for the motel if you meet otc, a lot of girls expect you to cover the cheap cost of the condom. A three pack of condoms per visit to the club probably doesn't add up to much for you over the course of a year, especially compared to what you spend in the club. Also, as much as condoms are contraband that can cause you serious grief if found at home, they can also cause the girls grief in the unlikely event of a raid by the local LEOs.
whodey
16 days ago
If I’m going to a club to experience extracurricular activities I don’t rely upon the woman to provide a condom, I bring my own, and leave her with the extras. As you said, those things are radioactive and it’s cheap insurance or a cost of doing business to leave them behind.
uniquename
16 days ago
Only happened to me once maybe 15 years ago while visiting Memphis. Early evening wandered into a club out by the airport. 5 mins into a lap I told her I didn't have one she said wait here then borrowed one from another dancer 5 ft away. I was in and out of the club in 15 mins wondering what the hell just happened lol
elmer
16 days ago
can't count on strippers being organized. the veteran dancers tend to have their shit together more the extra clubs i go to are basically brothels. the moms have boxes of them, so they can always get it from the moms
PoundKing
16 days ago
Whodey makes some reasonable points and I'm always trying to look at things from the dancer's perspective. However, so far as potential criminal liability is concerned, it is not illegal in any US jurisdiction for a dancer to have a condom in her possession, nor is it admissible as evidence of a crime. Most healthy women in the age range of dancers at strip clubs have or use some form of birth control, unless they are actively trying to conceive. Also, the only way a LEO could learn that a dancer had a condom in her possession in the course of a raid would be as a result of a bodily search incidental to a lawful arrest. IOW, the LEO would need to have probable cause to arrest her, presumably for prostitution, or soliciting prostitution, which means the gig is up: There was sufficient evidence for an arrest, and conviction, independent of what the dancer had on her person or in her locker (which likely wouldn't be subject to search if the only crime for which there was probable cause related to prostitution). Anyway, in almost all of the clubs where dancers didn't come through with condoms, other dancers at that club have done so on other occasions, as have dancers who came up short on previous occasions. Now, many of us have encountered dancers who are cagey about working around club rules as far as where they keep condoms and when and how they break them out. For example, they make that suspenseful trip back to the dressing room before heading to the VIP. So, fear of losing the job isn't a plausible motivator for failing to have a condom on hand. As far as the cost of springing for a 3-pack is concerned, if the entire SC extras industry was oriented around a BYOC regime (which it isn't, IME), or, if a particular extras-friendly club was a BYOC club (which I also haven't experienced), then I'd have no problem stopping by CVS and spending the nominal cost for a 3-pack on each outing. But, that isn't the norm, and it makes no sense to spend the money on the off chance that this is one of those rare occasions that the dancer isn't equipped, only to end up leaving the purchase on top of a kneewall somewhere. I'm probably only moved to write about it because, in the most recent case, where I've already said the absence of a dancer-provided condom was due to an excusable lapse, the VIP room was equipped with mirrors (which should have had an "Objects in Mirror are Probably Smaller Than They Appear" warning) and I was looking over at the reflection of an unrecognizably large white hard-on being caressed by the dusky hand of the naked woman who was sprawled across me while my hand was buried in her vagina, and I was puzzled about why that pussy wasn't descending on my dick.
Manuellabore
16 days ago
if you were that horny, why couldn't you duck out to get one and then go back and bang her?
PoundKing
16 days ago
Dancers generally don't/can't hide it from their SOs that they're in the club, but it's common that they hide how far they go. So, it can be as complicated to be in possession of condoms for a dancer as it is for a customer. I think it's also common that extras clubs want to be in a position to throw the dancers under the bus if problems with LE should arise. Amygdala may dance on stage with two condoms as earrings. But Panspermia may be on the manager's shit list, so she's worried about being seen with condoms. Doesn't want to the dancer that management can tell LE they recently fired for doing extras. Also this: https://www.hrw.org/report/2012/07/19/sex-workers-risk/condoms-evidence-prostitution-four-us-cities#:~:text=In%20four%20of%20the%20nation's,evidence%20to%20support%20prostitution%20charges.
ilbbaicnl
16 days ago
You usually can get single condoms from the bathroom troll if the club has one
twentyfive
16 days ago
I've had the same experience at a potential "extras" club. I now have one hidden outside at the club and I also have one hidden in a restroom near the club incase my first gets found. I don't enter the club without one. I stashed the others away from my house. If having an appointment with a sex worker and on the drive to her place, she texts and says, "Hey, can you stop and get raincoats?" Being a nice guy and you make the purchase and then show up with the condoms, it can be an entrapment with the intent to have sex for money. Unless you know the lady, you are better off to decline.
Mr Johnson
16 days ago
@ Manuellabore You have an overly generous perspective on law enforcement and the way it gets applied to marginalized people, including sex workers. As ilbbaicnl points out, possession of condoms has been used as evidence of "loitering for prostitution", and arrests made, even when the officer doesn't witness any activity. More generally, the idea that LEO need "sufficient evidence for a conviction" to make an arrest is, unfortunately, laughable. Police arrest people all the time with nothing real to charge them with, often just letting them go after hours or days in jail with no charges. It's wrong, and abusive as hell, but it happens. I have no problem understanding why a stripper wouldn't want to have a string of condoms in her purse.
schmoe31415
16 days ago
3-pack at the store, cash at self-check out, any unused can be tossed in any trashcan at a gas station. Some SCs put a wrist ban on you, and that too needs the big heave-ho on the way home; I do keep a multi-pocket knife tool in the care, and pass LOTS of gas stations and 7/11s - I don't see the problem. However, the used ones.....
mogul1985
16 days ago
^ mogul1985 (and others) have offered good advice on how to keep from getting found out, and others have exlained why you shouldn't expect the girls to provide condoms. I have said this before here, but I never go to a club without a condom or two, even when visiting a supposed non-extras club because you never know. If a girl says, "Do you have a condom?", there is only one good answer, and it's not, "Gosh, no. I wish I did!"
EastCoaster
16 days ago
I think an "extras girl" who doesn't supply condoms is like a painter who comes to paint your house and then asks you for a paint brush. That said, Whodey makes a good point that normal business expectations usually don't apply at the SC.
misterorange
16 days ago
Do you have a condom? Are you a cop?
skibum609
16 days ago
years back a bouncer has me empty out my pockets. i placed 6 condoms into the plastic basket. fuckwad sees them and dumps them into the garbage can. "you won't be needing these tonight." an hour later i scummed all over my fave's asscrack and she goes, "i can't believe you got it all over me." she didn't mind that though when she grinded me way too good and hard that the rubber broke and i splooged all over. but that's a different matter. so whenever that dickhead would be on patrol i would go across the street. if i had 3 rubbers on me i would hide 2 in my shoes and the 3rd i would place on my dick as i would stand between 2 cars while under an overpass railroad.
rattdog
15 days ago
It's not the norm, but I've had a few encounters where the dancer offered extras and then, once we'd agreed on a deed and price, tells me that she has to go to the dressing room to get a condom. When the room is timed this is really annoying. As a result I usually have one in my pocket now even though it generally doesn't get used.
caseyx
15 days ago
Misogynist? Not in this situation. Maybe if it was a civilian hookup and you didn’t have your own protection. In an extras club, you’re just not being a great customer. Sure, the girls may often have them but do you want to have everything ready to go for protected sex and not have a condom? At that point, it doesn’t matter whose job it was to pick them up, the problem is both parties will be disappointed. Cost isn’t an issue. Grab a three pack and toss them if they are unused. As for the radioactive evidentiary nature, lots of us have to deal with that, but that’s our problem, not the dancer’s imo. Believe me, I’ve been there and it sucks, but I’d never blame the dancer for that. It’s a team effort and lack of a condom is an “us” problem.
Hank Moody
15 days ago
1 - It's not a good image for a girl to be caught with condoms in the event of a raid. 2 - If a PL wants/expects FS, it's wise to BYOC. Also, then you can use the ones that you prefer, and don't need to wonder if they were subject to tampering. 3 - I'll buy a small pack (generally 3-pack), then discard if not used, prior to getting home. It's a small investment, especiallly compared to the cost of FS, even if not used. $6-$10 is a nominal amount in the overall scheme of things.
funonthaside
15 days ago
mogul makes an excellent point about using cash. Stores such as Wal-Mart and Target link credit cards to login accounts, so even if you don't use the card specifically linked to your Target/Wal-Mart account, if you scanned a barcode during checkout, the system learns which cards are associated with you, and purchases are added to your purchase history, which could cause some issues with SO.
funonthaside
15 days ago
Hey most strippers don’t have their shit together enough to even keep their cellphone in service, you think they’re going to remember to buy condoms? (No disrespect to the strippers who have their act together).
shailynn
15 days ago
Most extras clubs around here have a house mom and a bathroom attendant who sell them. As far as cost is concerned, they both sell singles for 5-10 a pop so it's not like that approach is cheaper than buying a 3 pack and giving or throwing them away. Given the $10 cost, I'm asked if I have one fairly frequently at extras clubs. It is rare that if I don't they don't either, but that's an extra $10 in their pocket if we us mine so they ask. If I leave the house expecting to go to the strip club, I'll usually bring one. If not, I don't. I do agree it's a little annoying if they have to run out and get one while I'm sitting back there with my pants off, watching the clock tick. I can't relate to the radioactive nature, I'm a single guy so having condoms on hand is just part of life. The closest I can come is that I did have one civi notice a bunch in my drawer and react negatively. But I told her I bought a 12 pack at cause they were like 2 bucks more and I'm a sucker for value. The negativity passed and we used half the pack that weekend and joked about it for a while.
Dolfan
15 days ago
I once had a stripper promise me "complete satisfaction" if I took her VIP. This was at Rick's Cabaret New Orleans, so there were plenty of IR cameras in the VIP rooms. To hide what we were going to do, she asked to borrow my suit jacket to wear while she straddled me. After she put it on, she methodically searched all the pockets. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was looking for condoms. I had none. All I got was a distracted hand job. No complete satiafaction.
gammanu95
14 days ago
I would never use someone else's condom except in an emergency. I carry 3 with me every time I go, and usually use 1 or 2. I buy in bulk and the kind I like/need are not always available in some nearby gas station. Own your space at home, and keep them there. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should be rummaging through drawers or boxes or anything that's in your personal space, for any reason. Or your phone, or your computer. Fuck that shit.
5footguy
14 days ago
i've had girls who refused to my condoms. but it's rare
PoundKing
14 days ago
@gammanu95 Rick's in New Orleans gee what a surprise another ROB misleading upselling and going through your pockets, I'm impressed you got any contact or service from her at all I bring a couple of condoms, and (you can read all about it in my replies to the LDK article) I often wear one.
Book Guy
13 days ago
5footguy is perhaps not married. Sure, a random date shouldn't be rummaging through your things, but one you're married, one must be more careful. Even if a wife isn't spying, she could accidentally stumble upon stashed contraband.
funonthaside
10 days ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion