Login requires new password each time?

Thursday, December 21, 2023 11:56 PM
Just wondering if it's me or the site: Whenever I login now, I need to reset my password each time, goto email, do the reset and I'm logged in. I do understand the site is going through an uber overhaul. Just curious.

13 comments

you should not have to do that. I have found that if your password has a '#' at the end, there may be an issue (it's odd)
founder
5 months ago
And indeed it does. Thank you for the speedy response, I know you have your hands full with these changes. Looking good! MUCH APPRECIATED!
mogul1985
5 months ago
Mine has no # anywhere, but I have the same problem. Thanks.
misterorange
5 months ago
Interesting. I don't exhibit that problem. I have been "logged in" with save my password... And that browser window hasn't been closed... So, it works smoothly without interruptions.
stainglass
5 months ago
I have the same problem and I do have a # but it is at the beginning of my pass word.
shadowcat
5 months ago
I’ve been using the same password (no #) for probably a couple of years. I use both phone and computer and don’t use a saved password on either.
RockAllNight
5 months ago
I have a # in the middle od my password, but on my phone it works perfectly. On the computer I have to recover my account and the password as a new password, confirm it and I am in. PIA.
skibum609
5 months ago
My # was at the end. Glad people are providing buggy stuff so Founder/developer(s) have some data to help troubleshoot. If it were up to me, I'd just say don't use #. People tend to forget how much goes into server(s)/cloud, storage, bandwidth/traffic, content servers, coding, ect; known of this shit is free. I'm NOT sucking up to Founder, just saying a lot of people don't realize the effort and money to keep a site like this going. I work as a carrier (Verizon/MCI) data network architect, not as a software developer however I do work with them.
mogul1985
5 months ago
So, must login prompts respond with something like "invalid password, forgot your passoword? (Yes) (No)". But TUSCL's login prompt responds with something like "Invalid password, reset your password? (OK) (cancel)". I have hit OK, thinking it's just to acknowledge the error, but you have to pick the cancel option if you just want to retry entering your password.
ilbbaicnl
5 months ago
It works after removing a "+" from my password.
misterorange
5 months ago
I don't know if it was a certain special character in mine, but I just stayed in the browser that performed the reset. Hopefully I don't have to change on next logon.
Ch3ll
5 months ago
only once in a while do I have to log back in.
Jascoi
5 months ago
Yeah, this was happening to me too until I finally found a password that the system recognized. No problems since.
Richard_Head
5 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion