Pheasant Season in South Dakota

Tuesday, August 22, 2023 12:00 AM
I’ve been to Leather & Lace in Lesterville (population like 110, and at one point 2 strip clubs on the “main drag”) outside of Pheasant season (starts mid-October?). Went to Cockatoos I’m Yankton (I did a review) on tfe same drive. Never been to the Kongo Klub in Mitchell. I need to head over to Sioux Falls this Fall in October. Not a lot to choose from. Leather & Lace seems to be the place to hit based on a couple reviews. Thoughts?

5 comments

I think Leather and Lace is closed. I've been by on three different weekends over the last few months with no luck. Kongo klub would be my backup
dannyboy3
9 months ago
Are these clubs even open during the off season? Traveling dancers have shared they like to work at these clubs during hunting season, but other than that time I don’t know if there’s enough of a customer base to sustain them.
Mate27
9 months ago
From Scarlett O Hara’s (the club in Sioux Falls) the Hop Scotch Club is about 3 hrs and 15 minutes. Frank Days and Cody’s are both about a 3 hour drive. The Prairie Chicken is 2.5 hours, Kongo Club is an hour 15 minutes. I know of one clubgoer who would come up from the Watertown area and was prepared to hit up four clubs in his vicinity, but end up handing out at one club longer if he was entertained enough. So I guess make a road trip loop through those clubs I just listed, or get a direct flight from Sioux Falls for a day or two trip. Here is where you can go with a direct flight: [view link]
nicespice
9 months ago
I’ve hit a few Dakota clubs over the years while hunting pheasants and waterfowl. However, it’s only been a few clubs and my knowledge is kinda dated at this point. Waterfowl opens in No Dak about the beginning of October and Pheasants are the big draw in So Dak starting mid October. I’m thinking nicespice has a good suggestion for checking them out. These clubs do tend to come alive during hunting season with a lot of out of state hunters looking for evening entertainment and a fair amount of dancers travel there for that reason.
Huntsman
9 months ago
Do they throw dead pheasants for state tips?
ilbbaicnl
9 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion