Fedcoin - govt's digital/cryptocurrency

Sunday, March 19, 2023 3:38 AM
Executive Order established in Sept 2022 to "exam" the use of digital currency to replace "Green Backs" to create a Central Bank. Janet Yellen testified to congress that she and the Fed will decide IF a bank will be bailed out using FDIC funds - I call this capricious whim. Govt bureaucracies are like baby alligators - they continue to grow until they are uncontrollable.

2 comments

I'd bet the farm they'll make you associate your public key with a proven IRL identity (like you do on an I-9), maybe only the gub will know what name goes with what public key, or maybe they'll share the info. That is, the privacy purpose of crypto will be gone or greatly reduced.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
The government shares your PII all the time. Thousands of private companies have contracts providing support to various endeavors. If they need your data they will be given it. I refer you to this incident. It was stolen by the foreign owned corporation OPM hired to do their cloud storage. Of course they don't mention that part. The organization tasked with doing background checks for security clearances apparently failed to do a thorough background check on the proposed contractor... https://www.opm.gov/cybersecurity/cybersecurity-incidents/
Sgtsnowman
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion