Funny Math

Thursday, January 12, 2023 8:19 PM
I remember seeing a couple of times you guys saying something about funny math. Here is one example for you. I'm on a website shopping around, and it says the price of something is $24.95 or 2 for $54. LOL

8 comments

I call this a tax on the mathematically impaired!
Electronman
a year ago
At our spring bash in 1978 we sold beers for .25 cents a beer of 3 for a dollar. In true Umass spirit, everyone went for the 3 for a buck. The guy who thought up this idea is the only person I have ever met that lives on the Ocean and has a second home, also on the ocean.
skibum609
a year ago
^^ of course he’s the only guy you ever met like that, because you’re too busy working with ritarded people who don’t have their shit together and reading their bank statements of doom! You swim in a murky pond, while the rest of us swim in pristine waters, but pond is good for you. SkiDumb!!
Mate27
a year ago
That's strip club math, right up there with clubs offering dances at $30/song or 3/$100.
whodey
a year ago
I heard that a burger joint removed their 1/3 pound burger from the menu because people thought it was smaller than a 1/4 pound. Pathetic.
loper
a year ago
Yes, whodey. That's exactly Club Millennium's price list.
loper
a year ago
Yeah the way to market 1/3 pound burger is as a double, since a "normal" burger is usually about 1/6 a pound.
JamesSD
a year ago
@blahblahblah23 I will play along and comment on your discussion. The Funny Math you are referring to is the result of the “Marketing industry” in our capitalist system/society that encourages and cultivates behaviors and mindsets that are completely at odds with common sense and basic math. This kind of “marketing” creates desire, and at the same time fuels dissatisfaction and overconsumption, overpaying and encourages people to buy more products mindlessly.
CJKent_band
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion