tuscl
Follies
4075 Buford Hwy NE Atlanta, GA 30345

Follies reopening in 2023?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Thursday, December 15, 2022 7:30 PM
Vivide was closed today due to flooding again. I texted an ex Follies/Vivide favorite to confirm. She did and offered to drive to my house for a 30 minute VIP session for $160. I accepted and she delivered as promised. Then she showed me on Face Book where the former Folllies and Diamond manager says that Follies will reopen this summer with a bowling alley. Scroll through the posts and you decide if it's BS or not. [view link]

16 comments

• doctorevil
    a year ago
    I’ll believe it when I see it.
  • bubba267
    a year ago
    That was good fora chuckle. Thanks for sharing.
  • boomer79
    a year ago
    I thought it was very difficult to get a license to open a new club in Atlanta unless they can transfer a license or buy a different club.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    With the talk about bowling and golf simulators and no mention of strippers it sounds like they are going to put the famous Follies name on a sports bar instead of a strip club.
  • ww
    a year ago
    @whodey - You nailed it!
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    I don't know the guy so I don't know if he stirs up BS or this is serious. But playing along, somewhere he mentions warehouse space. Maybe including a game room is part of getting around some law or objection. There is plenty of industrial property in Gwinnett a bit further out than the Oasis location. The county never had a problem with Oasis. There is a big chunk of unincorporated industrial space between Doraville, Norcross and Peachrtree Corners.
  • Capt Obvious
    a year ago
    How long has Vivide been closed for? Wednesday and Thursday? When is it expected to be back open?
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    Like Thomas Wolfe's book "You Can't Go Home Again" whether they reopen or not it won't be the same,
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    Will Ron Jeremy be out on parole to christen in the opening?
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    Today I heard this third hand attributed to a dancer of at all places Pink Pony. I heard it from a good friend of the dancer that is a restaurant waitress. "Someone" is looking to open a club in warehouse space in Gwinnett in an area that is somewhat desolate. She said the plan was two clubs with separate security, cover and entrances. One would be a bikini bar or topless place with alcohol. The other would be fully nude with soft drinks only and VIP rooms. Dancers would be able to move freely between the two clubs in the back space. Customers would have to leave one club out to a lobby and then enter the other club. If there is any legs to that it sounds intriguing.
  • boomer79
    a year ago
    Gwinnett is interesting. As far as I know there have never been clubs there. They’re all in Fulton or Dekalb.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Worst case scenario is that the brand new "Follies" will be like the brand new "Solid Gold." It's fucking tragic, really.
  • whodey
    a year ago
    goldmongerATL that setup is basically the same as what Palace in the Pines in NE Ohio uses to get around the laws against alcohol being served in a full nude club. It operates as two separate clubs the same building, but ultimately it results in two subpar clubs. The main club (Palace in the Pines) has alcohol but no nudity and the mileage sucks. The nude club (Royalty Room) is what I call the "jack shack in the back" and while extras are available it isn't a great club experience. Hopefully if that is what the new follies turns out to be I hope they do a better job of it than the Palace in the Pines owners did. They need to make sure the atmosphere in both halves of the club is good.
  • goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    @boomer79 - I cannot recall one either. I know there were two in Hall County a long time ago. There was one in Arcade in Jackson County back in the 20th century. I ran into a Cheetah girl there (8+ or 9) doing extras out in the middle of nowhere. I wonder if the story might have been off a bit on location. I pulled up a map and there is an industrial area between Buford Hwy and I-85 that Doraville has not yet annexed. Part is in Dekalb and part is in Gwinnett. But it could be Gwinnett. The only law I could find bars alcohol and nudity in the same establishment. I think that is pretty standard.
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    @whodey - I visited Palace in the Pines many years ago and went straight to the back Royalty Room. I did not partake of any extras because none of the 6 or so dancers appealed to me. Their problem is that they are way out in the boon docks. I wouldn't have found it without GPS. @goldmonger - there are 2 clubs in Clayton county. King of Diamonds and Rumors. Both have alcohol and total nudity but no VIP rooms. My source did say the location was on Buford Hwy but you know stripper knowledge can be fuzzy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    "... Gwinnett is interesting. As far as I know there have never been clubs there ..." IDK much about the local-laws in those areas; but if a county has never had a strip-club; especially in an area like ATL w/ a ton of clubs; one would assume it's b/c they want it that way.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion