Portland Director of Violence Prevention Resigned!

Tuesday, November 15, 2022 7:19 PM
[view link] Who comes up with these job titles? I thought this would be appropriate because clearly this is a politics and ethics discussion forum.

5 comments

They should hire blah. She'd show anybody who got violent what REAL violence is.
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
All jokes aside, I think PDX is starting to have issues since 2020. Like we used to be this peaceful low crime hippy dippy place for a while. Now, recently I was reading reviews on some stripper app because I was having an itch to go back to the clubs, and so much bad shit. Like this club just reccently had a killing. This other club has had a few shootings and there is one every few weeks apparently lmao. Like what the fuck is going on here? and then the crime going up aside from club bs. And this shit is radiating out to every large suburb adjacent to Portland. I've also been hearing more and more weird shit going on here that did not used to be a thing. Like fake car breakdowns so people can rob/carjack your ass. And just we're having all these shootings now and then that didn't ever really used to be a thing. Randomly hear gunshots even in good neighborhoods. What has happened lol? There is also some funny shit going on here with a lot of our crime simply not being reported and just hear about it in local sites like nextdoor or talking to people. It isn't that bad here, I guess I am just more used to it being super peaceful out here.
blahblahblah23
2 years ago
Blah I hear you. I think the decision to decriminalize the use of narcotics has been a contributing factor.
SirLapdancealot
2 years ago
^yeah, i've heard others mentioning this as well.
blahblahblah23
2 years ago
Yeah Portland you never go full woke, take note.
Muddy
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion