I hope she doesn't use it to work at a strip club

Tuesday, April 6, 2021 6:01 PM
Now that I am vaccinated I went out with some neighbors to a sports bar to watch Baylor-Gonzaga. Some teenagers were in the group. One girl who is not yet 17 ordered a wine. I was at the other end of the long table but I saw that she was carded, but got her wine. No one at the table seemed to care. I later found out that her 21 year old sister applied for a replacement license and gave the 16 year old the "lost" license. I guess the younger girl looked close enough to her older sister at the same age. I wonder how prevalent this scam is?

22 comments

Depends on the DMV how complex their system is. I did the same thing when I was in college with an older friend. It was weird we didn’t look all that similar in person but his photo on the license was spot on for me. We also had the same color eyes, hair and even same hair cut. Only issue on the license I was 5 inches taller than him/his height on the license. Back then I had a credit card and got an “extra card” in “his” name so I had some back up identification if anyone ever gave me a hard time in a bar. He also gave me his old university student ID. After I turned 21 I handed the ID down to another guy with the original guys permission. Always worked except for one time at a college bar the door man said “can’t let you in, I have class with this guy,” and another time on vacation some Indian guy at a liquor store said “I don’t think this is really you,” 19 year old me was shitting my pants but he sold me the liquor and gave me my ID back. Later I know a few friends who went as far as going and taking their actual photo on their cousins/sisters/friends ID at the DMV, but that stopped because if one person went, then another went later the computer flew a red flag because it noticed a difference in facial features. I know one guy who did this in high school and even bought brown contact lenses to hide his blue eyes so he’d match his cousins ID. Who buys brown contact lenses? A high school kid who wants to buy booze that’s who!
shailynn
3 years ago
I would suggest all the money she could make ... But absolutely no boobs. Would never make it as a stripper.
goldmongerATL
3 years ago
The only reason this isn’t more common is that most of the kids now just get them from China. Always stealing our jobs! They get them from China in their own name so that if caught they are only charged with having a fake ID and not impersonating someone else, which carries a heavier potential charge. At least that’s the advice that’s been handed down to them in HS hallways.
Hank Moody
3 years ago
The wonderful double standard that exists when it comes o fake ID’s. In college I worked some at a bar. A hot girl could write “21” on a library card and get in. If a guy’s ID was suspicious I’d ask him what his zodiac sign was.
gobstopper007
3 years ago
A couple of years ago a Follies dancer was driving to my house for an "afternoon delight". Less than a mile from my house she got into a minor fender bender. She text me that she was going to be a little late because of it but didn't need my help. Found out later that she gave the police a drivers license that belonged to a cousin that looked enough like her that the police accepted it. At the time I was more interested in sex than why she didn't have her own license. 2 weeks later she got a DUI and it all came out. I was able to pull her arrest record off of the internet and there were 5 charges against her including false identification. She dropped out of sight after that.
shadowcat
3 years ago
I'm dating myself here, but my first driver license was printed on paper and had no picture. With an Exacta-knife, a sharp pencil and a little patience, you could change the birth year easily. Just had to touch it up occasionally because the pencil would wear off. If you used ink it wasn't a good match and also you couldn't simply erase the evidence if you ever had to.
misterorange
3 years ago
What ever happened to the guy who posted on here he could make IDs and Passports? Home COVID didn’t get him.
shailynn
3 years ago
Was that one of the Indian movers?
goldmongerATL
3 years ago
“I’m dating myself here, but my first driver license was printed on paper and had no picture...” Same here. New York for me. People from other states couldn’t believe it. Those ‘people’ included bouncers.
Hank Moody
3 years ago
Yep, most of the Northeast had paper licenses until the late 1980's. I did not have a picture ID until I got a Georgia driver's license.
goldmongerATL
3 years ago
Me too. I guess it predated photography, lol.
ATACdawg
3 years ago
I hope you had some cheesesticks at the sportsbar.
rick_the_cheesestick
3 years ago
I never got a fake ID - but it was a common thing (for others) back in my high school and college days. I believe they changed the drinking age from 19 to 21 in NJ at about the time I was 17. I had a second growth spurt and for some reason they didn’t ask me for ID when a 6’5” 16 year old tried to by a case of the shittiest beer in the store. But, to answer the OP’s question, it’s now a business, and it’s done through China. I believe young folks can order it over the intra-webs and it is sent back in an unsuspecting package. The only downside is they must provide a good amount of personal information to get the ID. But, they seem to be ok with that. Back in the 1980’s I went to Greenwich Village with a couple of girls from my high school - and they got fake ID’s at one of the stores. Back then - I think the technology was minimal - and just having a machine to laminate was the big thing.
Cashman1234
3 years ago
If the fake ID's that can pass muster are that prevalent, I would guess we have seen under 18 strippers and not realized it. I have seen several that really looked under 18. I had one or two even tell me she they were underage. That of course could be stripper shit.
goldmongerATL
3 years ago
I used to just wrap a $5 bill around my college Id and in you go. College bars are notorious for poor standards on ids.
amorgaudium
3 years ago
Funny story! When I was in college (400 years ago) a bunch of us went to a place not far from the school called Barney's Corner Bar and Grill for some beers. Drinking age at that time was 18. The night we were there, the LCB people came in to check IDs. There was a rapid exit as about half the female population in the place played the ladies room version (one holer bathroom) of "How many people can you stuff in a telephone booth."It was a full half HR our before the agents left, and since they were both males, the women's room was never checked! Another we were at a place called The College Barn right across from C.W. Post University. Much to my surprise, I saw a group of high schoolers enjoying some brews, including a young man I had seen at church. I walked up, tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I never thought that I'd see one of the youth of First Presbyterian in a common gin mill!". The look on his face was priceless as the color drained from his face. He said, "Oh, God. Please don't tell my Dad!" I told him that I wouldn't if he and his friends left quickly, and they did. I never told him that I wouldn't have known his dad from Adam, lol!
ATACdawg
3 years ago
I went to college at 17 and couldn't drink since the age for that was 18. One of the women on my floor had they typical southie d-bag for a b/f and he badgered her into quitting. At the time you could go to the campus center show them your ID and you'd get a sticker for your meal plan book that was good everywhere as a license including in Amherst bars. She peeled hers off her book and put it on mine. Made a huge difference in my first semester. I was lucky enough to repay her kindness 4 years later when it turned out she was an ass't librarian at the law school I attended. We never carded anyone at the frat, whether it was at schlitzerama or late night bar.
skibum609
3 years ago
More often than not, I could flash my legit underage ID at college bars as part of a group and get in. It helped that I turned ugly early. Present it before they ask, act like you are supposed to be there and they barely looked at it. Even if they notice, they did not want a group of people to all leave if one was underage.
goldmongerATL
3 years ago
It helped that it was that wonderful out of state license with no picture and a hard to find birth date on it.
goldmongerATL
3 years ago
For some reason, there are a few girls who just can't wait until they turn 18 to start stripping. https://thegrio.com/2010/07/14/15-year-old-girl-caught-stripping-for-the-2nd-time/
Flyer78
3 years ago
All the fake IiD stories reminded me of my first experience buying liquor as a college freshman. I went to school in Nashville and was told this one particular liquor store owned by a “madam” type lady would sell to college students. My buddy and I were scared but decided to try it. We went into the store at a slow time and were the only ones there. We were both obviously nervous and neither of us looked of age. After much hesitation I grabbed a bottle of Jim Beam and set it on the counter hoping this would work. The lady started ringing up the purchase and said “have you boys got your ID with you?”. I nervously said “no” figuring that would prevent the purchase and we would go home unsuccessful. To our amazement she said with a straight face “that’s ok, just remember to bring it next time.” I suspect that exact same scenario had played out in that store thousands of times. Looking back, I suspect the old lady got some kind of thrill watching the underage kids squirm when she asked them for IDs.
snowtime
3 years ago
who cares? and why do you care?
latinalover69
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion