Clubs with weird rules about wearing gown/dress/skirt/other coverup?

Sunday, August 4, 2019 2:41 PM
So my experience with this shit is that I have a harder time selling w/o really talking to the guy, and I am the sort that I would rather go for easier sales. A lot of guys don't like too much clothes in the club I find because 1. what is the girl possibly hiding in the excessive clothes (for a strip club)? 2. guys wanna see the product immediately, and I like easy sales that I do not have to work for it. I seriously have an easier time selling in clubs where there is no problem with you walking around in a bikini or something 3. Sometimes these dresses/coverups that strippers wear could be seen as a slutty party dress a non stripper would wear. I have had guys complain that they can't always tell which girl is a stripper, and which one is a civillian customer just partying it up. 4. it seems like an outdated practice 5. a lot of customers are not classy/low touch/high spending enough to even justify this pretense of classiness. Where I have danced lately they want girls to wear a gown/dress/skirt/robe whatever, but idk touching is allowed at all levels of sales from basic dance to champagne rooms. And they really only seem to enforce no touching of the girls on stage sometimes not all the time. So I just don't see how this is classy behavior. Let's drop the false front with these money destroying dresses etc. 6. Can sometimes be annoying having to get in and out of all the time for dances/rooms/stages Although I think these coverups seem to help some girls with seriously, *very* questionable midsections proportionally speaking. The one other thing I like about these coverups is not having my bare ass sit on various surfaces. Other than that fuck this rule/practice! Thoughts?

52 comments

oh and some of these coverups/dresses whatever are fucking gorgeous. But I don't feel like they help my sales. And it costs money to buy these dumbass cover up items. Is it a STRIP club or what? If I was a guy, I wouldn't wanna stare at women in fucking dresses and shit, just saying.
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
I was just complaining about this in one of my reviews. Management needs to just let women wear what they feel like wearing--what's wrong with that? I think the problem is more of this: it's forcing folks to wear what isn't 'natural' for their personality so to speak. I don't get how, if the girl has a personality or penchant for working at a strip club, why limit what she's supposed to wear while in there? Some people can pull off wearing something that other's can't. Not everyone looks great in spandex. Not everyone looks great in a thong. But forcing everyone to wear 1-piece bathing suits, doesn't fit all personalities.
gothamyte
5 years ago
Meh, I have noticed a huge difference in how hard or easy it is for me to make a sale based on how much or how little clothes I am wearing. This is just my experience. And yeah, I like things to be easier for me.
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
A lot of guys don’t seem to care for them I like them if a girl picks one that looks right on her they make her look classy and I like that a lot
twentyfive
5 years ago
^ Yeah, I understand given that I buy all this shit online- sometimes I don't find the best item for me also so that might be a factor. I still feel like I secure sales much quicker with less talking with less clothes on. With more clothes on I feel like I get more rejections if I wanna dance hustle guys.
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
I also don't have as much money just come my way without me even trying when I wear more clothes.
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
I live in Louisville where there's a no nudity ordnance, but you can go 5 mins across the river into another state and there's full nudity. And this is supposes to be a party/convention city!!
Stephanie4life
5 years ago
@blahblah Have any of your clubs had a rule about whether having Ben Wah balls inserted in dancers is acceptable during working hours?
JAprufrock
5 years ago
BlahBlah: I agree with you 100%.
doctorevil
5 years ago
I was just at The Palace in San Antonio, the do that there. It was a little difficult to tell who was the dancer, civies or waitress because they all looked the same but it’s all good it’s not exactly like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa. I didn’t really care about it either way. I’m all for making it less difficult for hot girls to work at your club aka low fees and relaxed dress standards. Fake nails being necessary (like the palace) is dumb. I never wanted to not fuck a girl because she didn’t have her nails done. Never.
Muddy
5 years ago
^ Yeah, I've also heard the Palace puts girls on a schedule as well? It's why I avoided that club despite people telling me I should go over there because I have "the look" and kept with p10 despite it being midtier with couches that really need to be reupholstered. And I absolutely agree with the OP. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I worked at classier clubs than... 1) p10 north in Austin. Had to wear a dress on Thursdays. It's a fucking extras club...please drop the pretense of having any kind of class. 2) Cheetah Miami. I guess the club wanted to "class" itself despite being a party environment filled with younger people? Me and other girls who hadn't been there too long had to wear a dress that couldn't be see through. The "house" girls all got to wear two pieces. I think it did fuck me over on money. :(
nicespice
5 years ago
Depending on the dancer and the outfit, it can be very appealing. But usually it adds nothing. The fewer clothes the better.
Call.Me.Ishmael
5 years ago
Yeah, I go to the club to see nudity/flesh not fabric - I want her wearing as little as possible (tiny g-strings really turn me on) - I don't get turned-on by mini-dresses or gowns - unlike some PLs that prefer something left to the imagination, I prefer to know upfront what I'm getting and know it's my-type/what-I-want vs committing to dances and then being disappointed when the dress comes off - I get turned on by flesh/nudity not fabric
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
I agree with blahblah for the most part. There are some dancers that do look amazing in these types of dresses though. Could these rules be city or town ordinance? Thereis a club in the Denver area in a small town surrounded by Denver that had lots of issues with town government. The rules kept changing. At one time dancers had to cover their ass with a wrap or be on a dress anytime they were on the room floor. They could be tookess on stage and in the dance area. They had to get completely dressed just to stepmoff of stage even if going directly to the lap dance area. This annoyed dances and customers both. This ussue was finally resolved when one of the owners husband ran for mayor and won... lol
crazyjoe
5 years ago
I don't like pretentious clubs and that mini-dress/gown shit comes across as pretentious.
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
I won't generally get dances at a gown club without seeing the dancer on stage first. If the club doesn't mandate the outfit, just states gown/dress/robe, those short silk kimono robes are sexy as hell. Being a sash away from a thong or nude beats the hell out of a zippered gown.
datinman
5 years ago
When I see a girl using a coverup to sit down it's a bit of a red-flag bc she comes off as a bit too finicky which makes me think her finickiness may translate to the dances - it's not a deal-breaker but does raise some suspicions w.r.t. her dance-mileage - although I can understand her not wanting to sit bare-buned on strip club furniture
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
Oh I forgot to add 1 more thing I dislike about these coverups wrt gowns... I KEEP FUCKING STEPPING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE GOWN IF I DON'T HOLD IT UP IN MY HAND OR CUSTOMERS/BIATCHES KEEP STEPPING ON IT ARGH!! >:( but is pretty. but fucks sales. *SIGH*
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
Once 6 or 8 years ago the Flight Club started requiring dancers to wear gowns. I think Alan wanted to class up the joint. The dancers, of course, had to shell out their own money to buy gowns. My CF at the time complained that gowns looked good on tall dancers but not on short dancers. My CF was only 5 feet tall. The club abandoned this policy after 6 months.
jackslash
5 years ago
Gowns are a turn off in every way - covers the body, not sexy, maybe even trashy looking. (I appreciate the irony of me identifying something that covers the woman as trashy). I prefer the hood joints where half the girls are strutting around topless.
captainfun
5 years ago
ain't nothin like naked...
Jascoi
5 years ago
The more naked the better. I think the cover up stuff isn’t meant for a classy look in clubs. I think it’s meant to cover chubby mid sections. So I can see how it might hurt the sales of a gal that isn’t chubby in the middle. A sun dress or cocktail dress that shows a lot of leg and hugs the body is a really hot look to me in general. But a bikini look is my preference in a club.
Huntsman
5 years ago
Foxy Lady in Mass. required gowns about 11 or 12 years ago. They wanted to keep the strip in strip club, which while I understand, I always found gowns to be cumbersome. I know a couple of dancers who worked there back then and it seems as if the owner was the only one who liked them, and he finally gave in.
gawker
5 years ago
I don't mind a girl who chooses to wear one, but I really dislike clubs requiring them. It comes off as pretentious to me. I agree that it makes sales much harder for girls. I rarely get dances from girls in dresses unless I'm really confident about what's under there, usually because I've seen it on stage.
Dolfan
5 years ago
I disagree huntsman, I do think they go for the classy look. But as others have said, stripper appropriate gowns look so slutty - I am confused how that shit is "classy". Imo tho IF you must wear a dress or gown whatever I do think the sluttier/over the top it looks the better. I don't wanna be confused for a civilian. Makes easy sales not easy anymore.
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
Yeah. I think in a (true) classy gentlemen’s club, the customers aren’t too worried about midsections, since those clubs have more stringent hiring standards anyways. I remember at Palazio, while bikinis were allowed...a lot of girls favored one pieces. Or two pieces that were fancy looking and the bottoms nicely matched the top and was worn over the legal g string. There is a subset of customers who like a “slower” process so it was a smart decision on their end to wear those as one of several things to do for selling high priced cabanas. BUT it was the market that determined that. Not some dumb club policy. It’s just annoying when some clubs just adopt those policies for seeming no good reason. And fail to keep the type of dancers and clientele that warrants such rules.
nicespice
5 years ago
It’s been years since I’ve been to a club where the dancers who are working the crowd rather than dancing on stage have to be covered up. All the clubs I go to allow the dancers to walk around in their G-strings and their tops (regardless of how skimpy). Plenty of dancers have sauntered up to my table and flashed their coochie at me as they introduced themselves. It’s the new normal. I can’t say that I find any of this the least bit offensive.
reverendhornibastard
5 years ago
"... was worn over the legal g string ..." What's a legal g-string?
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
one square inch of material.
Jascoi
5 years ago
@papi something like this: [view link] Basically, a double lined “stripper” underwear. Required to wear to comply with the law in many cities...Austin and Dallas for sure.
nicespice
5 years ago
^ 👍
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
Not surprised that a lot of people here don't like gown club. I personally love gown clubs. In my area the gown clubs are definitely a different experience and a different hotter crop of girls.
PaulDrake
5 years ago
What is double-lined - like 2 pieces of fabric or double the fabric?
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
Haha papi. I had to look closer at my underwear. Your typical stripper underwear is two pieces of fabric, that make up the front side and backside, sewn together. (As opposed to regular underwear which is just one)
nicespice
5 years ago
Blah, you might be right. Maybe they are going for “classy”. I’ve not often been in clubs where gowns and such are required or the norm. But when I have been I haven’t much cared for it.
Huntsman
5 years ago
Got it
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
Spice, I’ll look closer at your underwear if you need help with that.
Huntsman
5 years ago
bbb23, are there not any viable non-gown options in your area ? While I don't seek out gown clubs (haven't been to one in over 10 years), I don't let that be a deal breaker if the club is convenient, and mood is right. Some high end Dallas clubs like Men's Club, and Lodge come to mind as being gown clubs. As I recall, I didn't buy dances from any dancer who I didn't see on stage topless first. Places like that can pull off the gown thing without coming off as phony or pretentious .(MC-D has a CHEF on staff, not a garden variety greasy spoon cook.) I agree with you that some places that do the gown routine can be "who are you BS'ing"? I recall a club in Bumpkinville many years pre-Tuscl that did the gown routine. It was like, come off it, place hadn't been remodeled since the 70's, and dancers were 1 step removed from punching Walmart or Dairy Queen register. So comical.
minnow
5 years ago
Second post, addressing the guys want to see it all at once point. The clubs I've been to in last decade has been non-gown, with some clubs allowing dancers to walk around buck naked. My initial thought is to prefer bikini or less, but can recognize (and appreciate) dancers who know how to act sexy even with some clothes on. Two examples that come to mind would be a dancer who wore a robe with nothing underneath, and drew it open like opening a birthday present, with second example being a dancer who wore a business dress shirt with nothing underneath, sat on table in front of me, introduced herself, and sat there letting me admire her goods.She didn't have to ask me for some dances. One of life's mysteries is why, in clubs with liberal dress codes do some dancers insist on covering themselves up so much. I'm talking things like dancers who wear hard to remove lingerie , replete with full length stockings. (Hey this is a strip club, not a lingerie modeling studio). Or these knee to thigh high socks (hey, babe, Flashdance movie tryouts happened 37 years ago). Latest craze seems to be wearing "onesies". I've heard rationalization (FL club) that AC runs too cold. Well I can kinda see that, but there's also a good number of other dancers (often in better shape) who wear skimpy 2 piece. With that, I'll close out, I'm overdue for another club visit.
minnow
5 years ago
"... One of life's mysteries is why, in clubs with liberal dress codes do some dancers insist on covering themselves up so much. I'm talking things like dancers who wear hard to remove lingerie , replete with full length stockings ..." Last time or two I've been @ Tootsies Miami I've noticed quite a few-girls wearing mesh type shorts under their thong that goes halfway down their thighs and basically covers their ass with that mesh-shit - it's a deal breaker for me - I don't mind the way it looks but do mind how it feels - I've seen several dancers w/ them @ Tootsies and part of me suspects they are doing this b/c they don't want custies' hands on their bare-ass and/or don't wanna grind w/ their bare-ass - part of me suspects that dancers that wear a lot of fabric do so to minimize custies' contact w/ their flesh (and there are probably other reasons also) - when I see too-much fabric I will usually pass b/c she comes across as a low-mileage/uptight dancer - that mesh-shit will usually get an automatic-pass from me as in not considering dances - I pay to feel flesh; not mesh.
Papi_Chulo
5 years ago
I have been in clubs where the girls wear nothing but a smile. I have been in some clubs where the new girls run off stage after their set and cover up their boobs with their hands until they can go to the dressing room and put their top back on....... All are fun for me but I think it should be up to the dancer unless there is a local law about it. Some clubs still have pasties I guess.
Musterd21
5 years ago
There is one place where I would like to see them more covered. At least in the beginning. During private dances it is a turn on to watch a beautiful young lady slowly remove her clothes. Maybe with a little help.
kansasgent
5 years ago
I’m a classy kind of guy. Lol. I love the short dress or gown. I actually prefer the mystic.
Nidan111
5 years ago
Umm yeah there are clubs without a coverup rule ( it isnt strictly gowns here) .. anyway I just dont feel like driving 45 minutes each way- probably as part of burnout. And seems all except maybe 1 or 2 clubs in the area take extortionate amounts of money from the girls like holy shit.
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
I dont mind wearing a coverup of my own volition sometimes especially towards the start of a night when it is slower or like if I am suspicious of some surfaces that I don't wanna sit on with bare skin... but I would prefer it not to be an enforced rule or some shit
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
^^^ forcing the issue takes away from a girl’s pizazz! I like meeting girls who have their own flare. I don’t even feel that mandating certain shoes should be done. I Went into a club not long ago where an AA hottie was sitting at the bar in tight jeans and tight sweater and tennis shoes. She said she was getting ready to leave because it was too slow. I told her that she hadn’t danced for me yet. She told me to Hang tight while she went into dressing room to get her stripper gear on. I told her that I prefer she get up on stage dresses as is and just start pole dancing while taking it all off. She had to get Manager approval, but that was probably my favorite dance set in the last 12 months! I tipped her well.
Nidan111
5 years ago
Yeah, I find toward the end of the night being covered up in some way really fucks my money. And that is when it is busiest and easiest to make no effort moneys. Toward start of night- I don't think it matters as much. I also find it interesting from a customer POV about seeing the girls on stage if it is a club where girls are all covered up. I never really thought of that as anything but an excuse to try and waste a girl's time or a polite way of saying no... But it really does make sense in clubs where girls might not be showing skin. I mean if I was a guy I wouldn't wanna drop like $150 on 15 minutes (or the more expensive options) on somebody who I haven't really seen their body much at all... Makes sense
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
^ but again this customer POV just proves these cover ups really destroy my moneys. What could have been an effortless yes turns into I need to see you on stage because they don't want use to walk around in states on undress... whatever!! ugh
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
***What could have been an effortless yes turns into "I need to see you on stage" because club doesn't want us to walk around various in states of undress... whatever!! ugh blah can't type. other day tried to type tuesday on phone and was typing temuesday instead LOLL
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
I've LDKed from a dancer wearing a full body catsuit before, so it's whatever as long as its tight
lapdanceking82
5 years ago
I feel like if I saw a dancer get naked on stage already it wouldn't hurt. But if I haven't seen the girl on stage her being covered up doesn't help
JamesSD
5 years ago
gee that sounds sweaty AF. no thanks @ catsuit
blahblahblah23
5 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion